19'' Front And 17'' Rear

ss74

Hi ,

I am desperate to stop my 9 year old daughter from giving up trials ! I have bought her a gas gas 80 and it is to big for her ,she either cleans a section or crashes !I want to buy a 19'' and 17'' rim, a front and rear hub and 19''x2.5'' and 17''x3'' rear tyre. I am in australia and finding it hard to get any information. The beta rev 50 has this combination. I would like any feedback on price ,models availability etc.

Eagerly waiting a response !

Sorry, I meant to reaply to you in the Beta section I just hadn't got around to it yet :chairfall: On my son's seventh birthday I got him a Beta 80 and since his was still a little short for it I got him a complete set of smaller wheels that come on the 50. They lasted exactly two rides before I took them off. The problem is they don't have real trials tires in that size, just the cheap Ching Chin tires :blink: and they get no traction at all, his rear end was slipping around even here where we have big grippy rocks! He does much better with the full size tires. I do have a complete set of wheels that I would sell cheap, of course that does you know good since you have a Gas Gas and live in Australia. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I would really recommend sticking with the full size tires though.

Edited by sirhc

Thanks for your thoughts, it makes sense if the tyres are poor quality. I was told the beta 50 had michelin tyres but hve looked on the sites and cannot find a listing.Mmmm now back to the drawing board. :chairfall:

Maybe get a smaller bike for a while? Honda XR50 or Yam PW50 or something.

My duaghter could not deal with the clutch starting to learn on TY80 long back. Went to a tired PW50 the rest of summer, then over the winter she decided she wanted a 'real motorcycle with a clutch'. Once she decided on her own, it worked great.

I probably lost $200 or 300 in the shuffle, money well spent to keep her positive mental attitude about riding.

kcj

Have you thought about getting a new rear spring and cutting it down? Move the forks up in the clamps? Should be able to lower the bike some. As long as she's not hitting big stuff that should work for a while. Put a light fork oil in maybe even grind a little off the side of the rear spring to make it softer.

Stick with the good tires and wheels and pray for some patience.

Feed the girl Wheaties and let her grow a little. :angry:

Thanks, i am going to get a lighter spring for the rear from hopefully ohlins or WP, then take some preload off front springs and slide thru.it seems to be the best approach until those legs grow !

cheers scott :thumbup: