Basic Exercises

swede

Hello !

I have recently bought a Beta rev3 and starting to learn to ride it.

So i am thinking if a could get some help with som exercises i could do to learn the basic. Currently i am working on turning and some wheelies, but there must be more i could do at home on the street or in the garden.

Swede

Edited by Swede

Hello !

I have recently bought a trial bike and starting to learn to ride it.

So i am thinking if a could get some help with som exercises i could do to learn the basic. Currently i am working on turning and some wheelies, but there must be more i could do at home on the street or in the garden.

Swede

I have bought a push trials bike its like a bmx but with a very small cog and a bashguard you can practise your balance on that it really helps...good luck with starting trials!! all the best from Owain Rowlands

i`m also fairly new too the trials scene ( less than a year ) and still real cr^p as you`ll learn from here :angry: so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

But the honest truth is................. Time on the bike!

The bonus is, if you can find it (I did off here believe it or not) Time on the bike with people that have more experiance than you. This can also be done purely through you`re local trials

In my own little world the two things that I believe to be the most important after balance is THROTTLE AND CLUTCH control.

When balancing try letting the clutch out just a bit and get a feel for when it "bites", of course at some point you may need to give it a small amount of gas to keep the engine from stalling.

For throttle control alone, a good muddy or slippy spot is good place to practice, try making it through the "section" without spinning the rear tire.

hope some of this helps, welcome to the best sport on the planet, (no matter what part of the planet)

Or I may be a complete blithering idiot, don't ask my wife she will say yes.