My New Bike

doogle

lads you have to check every single thing on a beta when you get it. i know this from experience but an hours checking sorts a lot of the trivial things out.

As someone who will be making the move to Beta very soon, could you tell me what you need to check. You could perhaps start a new thread in the Beta forum? Thanks.

lads you have to check every single thing on a beta when you get it. i know this from experience but an hours checking sorts a lot of the trivial things out. I havent had a beta leaking air through the spokes in about 5 years.

The point of my original post seems to be missed. I spent all the time checking it, which is how all these faults were identified. The point is it, is a brand new bike and you shouldn't have to do it! You wouldn't do it on a car. Or a road bike, or a fridge. When things are new they should work how they are meant to. You shouldn't have to make improvements and modifiactions on the manufacturers design just to use it for what it was intended for.

This is the case with pretty much all makes of trials bike not just one brand. This one hasn't been any worse than any other new ones I have had.

lads you have to check every single thing on a beta when you get it. i know this from experience but an hours checking sorts a lot of the trivial things out. I havent had a beta leaking air through the spokes in about 5 years.

The point of my original post seems to be missed. I spent all the time checking it, which is how all these faults were identified. The point is it, is a brand new bike and you shouldn't have to do it! You wouldn't do it on a car. Or a road bike, or a fridge. When things are new they should work how they are meant to. You shouldn't have to make improvements and modifiactions on the manufacturers design just to use it for what it was intended for.

This is the case with pretty much all makes of trials bike not just one brand. This one hasn't been any worse than any other new ones I have had.

errrrrrrrr change your dealer or specify you want him to ride it in a trial or two to make sure there are no teething problems.