2 Day- Loop Time + Section Score

onestophop

Are there any events in the U.S. that hosts an event with the format of Loop time and section score? Is anyone interested in riding a format like that. Seems fun to me. Setting up 2.9 for speed on the loop and riding sections along the way. www.mita-trials.com is discussing holding an event similiar to this in the midwest. We have events at this location throughout the year and it also hosts a national harescramble. Any thoughts on who else does this type of an event and how it was received.

Terry

I had to leave early at oklahoma another grand son being born ( one every 6 months for last 2 yrs) and they havent posted results yet but i heard in one class they tied with clean loops and decided first on loop time i know there was another class that had a clean loop winner and 8 pts good for 6th or 7th. almost the same way last year. Makes it tempting to ride up a class and set a goal of staying out of last place if everyone did that it might make it interesting.

A clean loop, doesn't seem they were challenged enough. How could you not keep track of your time when that's half your score? How was the turnout at Octobertest? Post up the results already, geeeeeesh that was two days ago!

Did riders leave one minute apart? Were there splits or, can someone just tell me how the loop and sections were setup. Where can I find the AMA/NATC Format for this type of race?

Edited by onestophop

The October test had 134 entries, had about 300+ people for dinner saturday night.

So those who helped with the event are probly still resting and don't want to see a bike for a while.

I know I had a blast riding the 07 4 stroke Scorpa.

Yes there was some ties and time was the deciding factor or who took the first point moved down in the standings.

If we make it hard for the top of the class we hurt the bottom of the class. We want people to have FUN and come back next year !

I have rode trials for 20 years and finally had a clean trial, yes I'm one of the riders that cleaned the trial. Yes, I was challenged to ride 24 sections with a clean card is the hardest thing to do. I ride SR. EXPERT I like it easy not hard, when I was younger I liked to drag my bike around now I like to ride it. Now with that said, the loop was good and long we had a huge hill climb, off cambers and some rock sections oh yeah and a parking lot log section so your wife and friends could watch you flop like a fish out of water. The coolest thing was all the new bikes, everything but the Montesa was there. Friday night we all watched them put together a new GasGas.

onestophop - make your way to Tishomingo, OK on Nov. 11 - that way you can ride the ScotTISH Trials Race! Six easy sections, very difficult loop - you are scored on your time around the loop and your observed score in the sections. Riders will leave on 1 minute intervals.

http://home.comcast.net/~pittmandc/ScotTISH_flyer.pdf

This flyer will tell you more - don't miss it! It is an amalgam of a 'Scott' type trial and the Scottish Six Days.

shouldnt a couple of sections be included that no one can clean unless he is the king of sandbaggers it doest have to be dangerous just super technical. just my opinion Oklahoma has the best place to ride puts on a great pro class but the sections are easier than texas and kc. If you make 1 mistake it in some classes it cost you 5 places. I know it is hard to do but if its set up where the winner comes in at 8-9-10 pts and 3rd place in the high teens. As far as making it easy for the lesser riders and im one of them if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Clark if my new bike comes in i'll be there.

Mark what's the word ????? Are you going to make Kansas ?

Hensley I agree every class should have two sections that separates the field. There was a log section both days at the Oct. Test that if you fell off it was a five, I saw quite a few fives on that one.

hey onestop i rode a mita eventa at belle mo 2 years ago. great event longest sections i ever seen. we loved it as a matter of fact when we lay out a section at home that ends up extra long we call it a st.louis section. Sure hope you guys put on another 2 day at belle next yr.

We'll ride three loops, you can retire to your truck in between loops for bike gas or people gas. I'm encouraging everyone to pre-ride the loop as many times as you like AND walk the sections. You will ride up to the section and just ride in without being acknowledged by the observer. Multiple riders will be allowed in the section, but no passing will be allowed in the sections, only on the loop. The observers will mark your dab count on their clipboard so you don't have to stop to be punched. We will collect the score sheets and add your dabs to your time - so a dab counts as a minute. If you break the tape in a section, you will receive a 5 AND you must suffer the time penalty of stopping to repair the tape.

The trophies will have little bottles (airplane serving size) of scotch glued to them (the cap will be super-glued). We did this format earlier this year in TX and it was a hoot - everybody loved it.

ClarkP will everyone in the afternoonl ride the same loop and sections? Cost to ride and camp? What is the time limit for the three loops? How many mile loop? I am really wanting to ride this. I checked your website and didn't see too much info on this event.

Terry