Northern Experts Today

the addict

Really big thank you to the Man 17 Trials Club and everyone involved today for such a great day.

Brilliant trial, probably the best i have done in a long while and very well laid out throughout. Our lot did the Clubman route which was perfect for us all, testing in places but not dangerous at all and did nt feel B*****ksed at the end either.

Really wish we lived a little closer to the Peak District as we have done quite a few trials in the area now and they are well worth traveling up to and would like to do loads more.

The Expert class looked very tough and technical throughout the day and watching the likes of some of the top UK riders in action makes you realise just how much talent we have in this country. Some of the sections were horendous looking to us mere mortals but somehow a great deal of the entry made them look like main roads.

Went round with John Sunter for quite a while and he makes things look so easy, great rider and amazing balance on the bike, should have been up there from what we saw today.

Personally if anyone is thinking of doing this trial at clubman level it is well worth entering next year along with the John Mac and Hipwell, nothing silly and every section was possible to get through without pushing it. The Expert class I would say was a little advanced, but thats the opinion of a Clubman rider not an Expert, brilliant sections though and very well thought out.

Thanks again everyone, hope to be riding up there as soon as possible

Totally agree, great trial and superb sections, not sure about my choice of riding partners who both encouraged me to dab as much as possible! And to cap it all, the boy managed to bring his observer board home with him! And if he tells anyone that I asked him to rub out my score and put me down for two cleans I'll deny it!!

Evening Betarev3, glad to hear your trip was worth it. Yes the Pinky got another outing, mixed fortunes as ever but a great day out. Got to go as the boy is threatening to tell everyone I had two fives on his section which is obviously not the case at all!

Eiger

Yeah have to agree. A cracking trial yet again. Many thanks to all involved, especially the observers who stood out all day in the cold. Some looked really cold (Liam!). To be fair to Eiger he didn't need a lot of encouragement to dab in some sections :( All in all a very enjoyable day. Thanks!

Oh **** I thought it was tomorrow!

I offered to help, Jude @ GasGas said they'd got the full amount of observers but I could turn up and they'd find me something, i feel so bad now, but glad I've read this now otherwise I'd be sat there at 9am tomorrow morning wondering where everyone was!