Ty175 Boost Bottle

andy.t

Does anyone know if its worth fitting a boost bottle to a TY175 and is it possible to fabricate one.Does anyone know of a suitable Yamaha inlet manifold with the branch fitting that could be used in the event I attempt to go ahead with it.

Regards.

They were quite popular in the era, our local trials shop used to run TY175's with boost bottles and reckoned they made a difference. I've never tried one so wouldn't know but if you search the forum - Yamaha or Twinshock, not sure which - there was a topic on this some time ago so you may get some answers from that.

Alternatively, what about 200cc conversion. Depends how serious you are about the bike's performance and therefore how much you want to spend I guess but I would have thought that would be a better option than the boost bottle. Steve Davies runs a 200 Yam in the Classic series and it goes very well.

Hi,

Maybe the best solution is 200cc convertion + boost bottle ? Just like the Whitehawk on ebay these days !

Some of my friend have "hand made" boost bottle and think it is better for lower to medium rpm. If I have time I will try du build an engine with 203cc + boost bottle + boysen reed for 2007.

Regards

I have ridden TY175's recently with and without boost bottles, and I can definatley say it makes a big difference to the throttle response of the bottom at low revs. I have also ridden the Whitehawk that is on Ebay and can only say it is awesome. I you can afford to go the 200 route then this is definatley the way to go. Speak to John at Trail and Trials UK as he supplied the kit for the Whitehawk. Ill say it agin it is awesome.

If you saw the owner ride the Whitehawk, and what it is capable of in the right hands you might just drop your 320 majesty or 340 bulto. No that would be silly, but I think it would be nice to have one of these as well. I weigh 14 stone ish and it dragged me round effortlessly. It has 250 forks on so it tracks and steers really well. If anybody has put Sammy Miller lowered footrests on a ty175 they know how they shake there heads at the mere sight of rocks. There is no sign of this with the Whitehawk.

Edited by majesty320

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I put a boost bottle on my bike and the first time i didn't recognize my engine ..

more power at lower revs

for this conversion i use the yamaha 80 rdlc pipe :

- just take it and put it on the cylinder , no problem it works , for the bootle use similar volume than the cylinder

just ride and enjoy ... :wacko:

Cheers

Thanks for all the comments so far its looks like the Boost Bottle does work.I would still like to know what is the best inlet manifold to use to connect the pipe to, as I'm sure there is one that will fit with the branch connection already on it.Whilst I'm here does any one know if its worth trying to smooth out the offset that is evident in the alignment of the intake rubber to the reed cage,and if so how did you do it.

Regards.

• 4 months later...

If anyone is interested I have now fitted a boost bottle to my TY175.I used an RD350LC inlet manifold which fits the bolt holes and aligns up the intake better,a length of 15mm chrome pipe to link to the 175Ml bottle which a friend made for me.I will be testing the bike out this Sunday at a local Trial.I think the link below should let you see a picture of it?

[

boostbottle.jpg