Jetting For 270 Rev3

the addict

Been using the smaller pilot jet for the bike for the past few months with great results (27.5 from standard 30) and tried the smaller main jet today.

The bike ran brilliant today with it in, no bogging at all and no need to clear the throttle after constant nadgery sections on low revs. Plug was brown at last from its usual ****ty black colour from new and no popped plugs either. Took abit of getting used to the new power though in the mud but sorted by the end of the day.

No pinking either which I thought it might do with the smaller jet, just loads of clean power from idle to flat out. If anyone is going to try it keep a good eye on the plug, mine has been running too rich thats why I have changed it

Thats what it is now thanks Carl, will keep an eye out for that when the temp goes up again. Cant beleive how much difference it has made today, bike is superb although will take a little while to get used to the extra power.

Mate tried this set up before but was way too weak, I think the carb kit has been out for bikes like mine that just happen to run rich from stock? some do some dont?

I have also removed the reed block spacer which halps on initial pick up and the big bonus and main reason I took it off was for ease of removing and putting the carb back on

Edited by Betarev3

Got a NGK BPR5 ES plug in Carl, Jitsie filter with PJ1 on it and use TTS at 65ml per 5 litres of High octane unleaded, bike is finally running right after 6 months. Carb does nt leak anymore thanks to Steve (only a little anyway)

Edited by Betarev3

I'm interested to hear about the improved power and running through changing jets. Good idea on removing that spacer- replacing the carb is hard work at the moment, so I'll be doing the same!

My query is to if you think the smaller jets will offer the same improvement in running at altitude? I will be staying at about 1000m and don't know if to keep standard jets or change as suggested??

Thanks

Mil

Mil, my bike was running way too rich in both pilot jet and main jet thats why I have changed them. I would suggest if your bike is running fine as it is dont bother. Mine was nt and I have stuck about 20 plugs in it since April due to it running bad and have nt popped a plug since. The plug colour is now correct even after very slow running and hours of flat out up hills sections. Putting smaller jets in especially the main can cause far too lean a mix and possibly seize the bike, so if you do change them keep a good eye on the plug and any signs of loss in power.

Bike today was like a missile on hill climbs and again no need to clear the throttle

OK, forgive my ignorace but are there any implications with removing the reed block spacer? I ask not because my bike is running badly in any way (totally standard '06 250 which runs perfectly and doesn't leak fuel... I must be one of the lucky ones) but the carb is difficult to remove and an absolute bitch to reinstall and anything that makes the job easier would be most welcome.

What is it with these weird Beta inconsistencies? Carb operation issues aside, I've owned '02, '03 and '04 Rev-3s previously and I could whip the carb out, clean it and reinstall in a couple of minutes on them but it's a major hassle on the '06. Stiffer boot rubber? I dunno...

Neon, noticed the carb thing as well, never struggled with the previous models but the 06 is an absolute tw*t to get back in. Only thing I have noticed with removing the spacer was a slightly quicker response from low down throttle openings but not a big change.

Carb is a joy to clean now and because its so easy it gets done every ride, expect you have already installed the air box tract the other way around so its mouth is larger and easier to get onto the carb. Also found completely removing the carb jubilee clips helps with re-installing. The carb does not look like its reaching for the reed block either with the spacer out so it must have been a very tight fit to start with.

I was a bit amazed when removing the spacer of the amount of sealent that was exposed into the intake, must have had some effect on the vapour into the crank by its obstruction.

Bike this weekend was perfect all day, lots of power and grunt and clean running, rider did nt do it justice at all but theres always next weekend