Four Stroke World Champiopnship

fellonmelug

Time to go four stroke  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the changeover to four strokes at world level

• yes
    • no

I see you ride a 4rt, it seems a bit biased to me

Anyway montesa would win as they have had longer to get their riders used to the bike.

Also gas gas dont even have a 4 stroke availabe so wouldnt even have a chance, and apparently they are having financial problems so may not be able to afford it

Two strokes are pushing the four stroke technology along fast. With out wanting to sound disrespectful there is no need for this question, why? When the four strokes are better than the two strokes no rider will want a two stroke. until that day comes this topic is a waste of time.

(i just hope this kind of talk doesn't see us trials riders facing a similar problem to our cousin's in the MX sport - old designed two strokes vs state of the art four strokes)

Edited by spud

Honda/Montesa want everyone to ride a bike like the World Champion, trouble is he's on a Gas Gas.

After the might of HRC can't get a fourstroke to the top, what chance have the other manufacturers got of making a 4t that is better than the 2t's?

I think they're here to stay.

Two strokes are pushing the four stroke technology along fast. With out wanting to sound disrespectful there is no need for this question, why? When the four strokes are better than the two strokes no rider will want a two stroke. until that day comes this topic is a waste of time.

(i just hope this kind of talk doesn't see us trials riders facing a similar problem to our cousin's in the MX sport - old designed two strokes vs state of the art four strokes)

It was just a question as to what others felt so the topic was not a waste of time!! It cant be that much of a waste of time otherwise the manufacturers wouldn't be developing four strokes.

The question was probably ask because a few years ago there was mention of a converting everyone to four strokes. There are probably lots of questions asked that others think are a waste of time but they don't put posts like that in reply.

After all fellonmelug was only asking peoples opinions

... There are now 2 strokes that can beat the emmission and noise limits that have been set, so why complicate things by adding all that extra mechanical stuff. Loads more emmissions in the production stage as well....

Indeed. What exactly would be the point of enforcing a move to 4 stroke only if 2 strokes are able to comply with emissions regs? As far as I'm aware emissions was the only reason for moving to 4 stroke in the first place, so surely it's more sensible to implement blanket emission limits regardless of engine type.

If there are other limits that it's felt are needed (noise perhaps?) then these should also be implemented across the board, without restricting what bike can be entered as long as it complies with the limits. As far as I can see the 4 stroke only thing was/is a bit of an arbitrary imposition that doesn't really make much sense to me.

I think that a 4t championship has some merits but to enforce it would require all the manufacturers to sign up, they won't bcause the majority of ordinary riders prefer the 2t, and they are the ones that buy the bikes. The top lads are the shopfront for the manufacturers and they are far removed enough, put them on 4t's and it will be like turkeys voting for christmas. The noise is something that has to be considered, as a prority.