Mike Hann Special 200 Professional

wilsyfm403

Recently purchased a fantic 200 professional 156cc, it has been played with by Mike Hann? and i'm having trouble getting bits for it. the clutch i bought for a 200 was too small and all the pics of a 200 i've found show the chain drive to be on the left where mine is on the right. Any info would be greatly recieved.

Fantic made 2 types of 200 Twin Shocks. Both had 156cc. The first, 1980 until 1982ish had a minarelli engine,a kickstart on the right which went backwards and a chain on the left. It was just called a 200 trial or FM 350. There was also a 125 version of this bike, also called a FM 250. 2nd pic shows a Minarelli engined 200.

Around 1983, Fantic launched the professional series with 156cc (a 200 professional, FM 237) and 212cc (240 professsional, FM 450) The engine this time was from Fantic and both kicked forwards. The chain was on the right. No parts are interchangeable.1st Pic shows a 240 which looks like a 200 from this side!

HTH

lee

post-1856-1163968137.jpg

post-1856-1163968254.jpg

Edited by Lee Harris

Recently purchased a fantic 200 professional 156cc, it has been played with by Mike Hann? and i'm having trouble getting bits for it. the clutch i bought for a 200 was too small and all the pics of a 200 i've found show the chain drive to be on the left where mine is on the right. Any info would be greatly recieved.

As Nigel says Mike Hann comes from Dorset, many years ago was a Fantic agent. Mike still is a regular face around the South West centre on modern and pre-65 machinery and is chairman of Yeo-Vale MCC and a thoroughly nice guy whom nothing is too much trouble im sure he would be only too pleased to give you any advice. I'll PM you his details. :thumbup:

The clutch plates are the same as a 240 twinshock, albeit 1 plate less, so buy a clutch pack for a 240 and this should fit. But if the engine was from a 201 or 203 then the later clutch from a 300 onwards or a 301 or 303 or a 305(these are all the same) could be the same dimensions and fit. I'd reckon its more than probable the 240 clutch though. The Mick Hann 200 professional had the larger 240 flywheel case, to take an extra flywheel weight, and came with red mudguards, OK over to the real experts, whom i'm sure will elaborate even more. How do you know, it's been played with by Mick Hann !

Edited by ask greeves