Where Can I Find Out If My 300 Prof Has Been Road Reg

wilsyfm403

I went to my local police station [ knew they had some use ] had to fill in a form with some ID for a check on the frame NOs of my ty, they did the check but it came back with no result, at least it wasnt stolen. They said I could inquire further with the DVLA as thier records are sometimes incomplete especially regarding older bikes, good luck

you should have a certificate of newness or conformity..if you dont and its a current year model, i think you will have to insure the bike first, but that has to be done on the chassis number. your local dvla office will be able to give you all the info you need..it is certainly a lot easier process if the bike is new, as this means you dont have to mot the bike,, which im sure could be a hassle. good luck

Probably just as easy to contact shirtys and they will tell you if it is a grey import, if it is get ready with the wonga to pay the vat man, if you bought it off someone who had it from new they would know.

Dabster....have you been on the ale???....when did John Shirt ever import 300 Fantics ????

wilsyfm403, take a look in the Pre65 forum at the "GOV 132" topic, there is a DVLA web address that you can trace registration numbers, but I dont think you can trace one by the frame number alone.

Martin

I'd like to put my 300 on the road, but i've never had any papers for it does any one know where i can find out if has been previosly registered.

I'm going to ring the dvla tomorrow but any other ideas would be welcome.

HPI check on the frame number (but sometimes they miss of the pre-fixes when they were registered) should show up if its been registered, sometimes they don't charge if theres no listing - try a local friendly dealer who has an account and can do it while you wait - usually doesn't cost much. I found a few of mine this way but my service is now resticted to cars only:( so can't help you myself.

Good luck

Giles