Ww2 Strategy Games?

bob

Hiya,

I think I'd quite like a WW2 strategy game, where you're in control of a unit of blokes on the ground, but isn't too difficult (not too easy either), more in for the enjoyment, tanks would be nice :thumbup: .

I know Andy is right into these, and you lot will know more than me. Are there any games you would particularly suggest. I would quite like to have one that you can play two player over a LAN aswell so I can stove my brother in.

Bob

Company of Heroes is my latest purchase, but you definitely need a good graphics card.

Other than that:

Soldiers - Heroes of World War II

and

World War II - Frontier Command

all these have multiplayer options.

These are strategy games. Not first-person-shooters.

I got Call Of Duty 3 on the Xbox 360 last week, fookin fantastic

Oh yeah,

Brother's in Arms on the PC is a kind of strategy game where you point troops into a position to cover you with fire or attack a certain emplacement etc.

Tis quite good!

Now you're talking FPS when you talk about COD. I'm still a fan of the Medal Of Honour franchise. Look out for the latest edition MOH Airborne

Yeah, but remember how EA screwed up on Pacific Assault. Us PC users have been let down by that being crap and COD3 being console only (sorry, but I tried COD2 on an XBox and just can't get to grips with the controller). Airborne is our only hope right now.

Now you're talking FPS when you talk about COD. I'm still a fan of the Medal Of Honour franchise. Look out for the latest edition MOH Airborne

Yeah, but remember how EA screwed up on Pacific Assault. Us PC users have been let down by that being crap and COD3 being console only (sorry, but I tried COD2 on an XBox and just can't get to grips with the controller). Airborne is our only hope right now.

Always been a fan of Mouse and Keyboard with COD but after playing it on the 360 with the controller for a while it's surprising how quickly you get used to it, Mouse/keyboard is still better though

Yeah, but remember how EA screwed up on Pacific Assault.

As a hobby I use to own/run a modding website for MOH called http://www.mods-r-us.net/ which is still going i'm glad to see. I got invited onto an internet development team by EA GAMES for future MOH releases of which Pacific Assault was one of them. We done a fair bit of work suggesting ideas for the new game and was totaly p****d when it was released and they hadn't listened to any of our suggestions after saying they would include them :thumbup:

Happily, I understand from the spec that they have included some of the stuff in MOH Airborne so am anxiously looking forward to its release :)