Schoolboy Championship Unfairness

techno

at the recent school boy champs i rode i got told by club sec of dunfermiline

john davies i was unable to claim championship pionts as i did not ride the designated a route

in actual fact i did ride the a route but 1 particular section was dangeorus and i spoke to the observer and he said i could miss it out for the 5

and carry on but john davies said i did not ride the a route and so got no championship pionts

i find this unfair as i am a novice b rider who has been at the sport for about 6 months and gave the a route a go and found it hard

as i usually ride the b route at my local club and thought id done well giving the a route a go and finishing it but i got disqulified from the trial for missing out a section which was not hard but quite dangeorus

i am realy p****d off abvout this and just thought id let you all know

and i certanly wont be goin to any more of theese dunfermiline trials if thats the way they are going to be :lol:

If you have only been riding 6 months, I wouldn't worry about it! next year you can ride the A route and have shot at scoring some championship points.

You have stated yourself that you normally ride the B route and was only giving this a try to see how you could do, don't burn bridges saying you will never ride a trial put on by a certain club, as it won't bother the club if you ride or not, but it could restrict your options in the future.

Ride as many trial as possible that's how you get better, cos that Gav is out to beat you.

i wouldnt worrie about it to much sandy although you did ride the A route as im a witness to that.the boy who won also got disqualified for the same reason which i dont understand.well i didnt see jamie munn ridding so i cant be sure wether or not he rid the A route but i no you did so why you got disqualified i am unsure.just keep your head up and at stonehaven just do even better and prove you should have got points. :lol:

You could put in a protest if it really matters (as long as the results weren't done on the day) and if you fancy forking out the money. Check the facts first though.

I certainly wouldn't disqualify you for asking for a 5, sometimes it's the most sensible thing to do.

Next time just ride through the starts flags and ride out.

Cheer up Techno.

Look at TSR22 in the ACU handbook. page 133 -

it states ' 5 '- When requested by a rider rather than attempt the section.

Did the observer put down a 5 on the card? If so the results person is at fault. If the observer did not put a score on the card how does the result person know you asked for a 5.

I belive this rule was put in a couple of years ago with referance to 'duty of care'. If you asked for a five but the observer tells you to ride the section and you have an accident, the observer would be at fault and and maybe the courts could have got involved.

Dont worry about it just fill in your TC entry form and get it in the post.

i did go through the start cards and out the end cards i just missed out a part of the section as i knew i would break the bike and myself but my dad has checked the handbook and we are in the right

Hi,

It's a shame that your day's Sport was spoiled by what is probably a mis-understanding. If it really bothers you, and it sounds like it does I suggest that you write a polite letter to the club explaining the situatuation. Tell them what happened and perhaps point to the relevent section of the rule book. Please try to understand that these people are volunteers who give their time free so that you can enjoy a days riding. They did what they thought to be right at the time. Please try to be tactfull if you do decide to write.

Steve.

my dad foned the club sec and showed him in the rule book were we are right and he has mistakenly gone wrong and we are cantactin other members of the sacu to resolve this misunderstanding so i can get my pionts wich i deserve

How does the A and B route system work?

I take it that this is separate to the standard A and B class.

If you were riding out of class, this may have been why you were not eligible for points. Upgrading used to be a very formal process particularly for youths (I went through it to go up to B class a year early, as I had a TY175 ready to move on to (about 25 years ago)).

Have to say I'm not particularly up to date with Youth rules these days, and sounds like Scotland may have different ones.

There's usually two sides to a story, but from your side it does seem a little unfair - Has your dad spoken to John Davies to iron out any misunderstandings.

I try to keep politics out of trials which is usually possible by applying common sense, and actually talking to people - there's always the odd occasion where its difficult to see the thinking that's gone on to come to a decision.

Just out of interest - how would you have got on? Many championship points at stake here?

At our club trial there is the A, B and Junior route.

A route- this is mush harder than the B route as the is more in the section( bigger steps, tight turns etc)

B route- This is just a little bit easyer than the A route there is still big steps in it and tight turns but no as hard.

Juniors well you know about them.

Gavin

How does the A and B route system work?

I take it that this is separate to the standard A and B class.

:lol: This trial was a National and a round of the Scottish Championship for Youth, Over 40, Pre '65 and Twinshocks.

Youth"A" licence holders ride the "A" route

Youth "B" & "C" ride the "B" route. There is also a possibility of "D" class riders entering, who may only ride a few of the "B" sections.

Youth riders are classed according to age (see TSR1. Eligibility/Licencing in the handbook) and is the same nationwide.

If any rider feels uneasy about tackling a section he is entitled to ask for a "5" from the observer (TSR22) :lol: D.

i thought - (could be wrong and im im not consulting the handbook) you can ask the observer for a 5, but if the clerk of the ocurse asks you to ride the route and you don't its a 10 IIRC ????

rabie :lol:

:lol: You're kinda right rabie. Here's what it says :-

5- when requested by a rider rather than attempt the section.

10- Not attemping a section when called to do so by an Official.

my quote

If any rider feels uneasy about tackling a section he is entitled to ask for a "5" from the observer (TSR22)

If techno asked for a 5 at a section, I don't see the problem. :lol: D

• 4 weeks later...