Beta 200 Tips?

malibudon

Yea, pt the black fenders and ' 06 stickers on it and buy all the BLING stuff you can afford from Lewisport and Beta USA!

Great bike! Enjoy!

Or he could buy my 270 and put all the "Bling" off of it onto his 200 :) I don't think that's Don's style though :thumbup: If the carb leaks do the fix they have said here on trials central or I could help you out with it, it fixed all my leaking problems. Other than that just check the peg bracket bolts every ride. I think you will like it a lot :)

Sirhc~ your blinged beta listed at lewissport is killer looking. Saw it on the kTm talk site too, think you might just make a few more trials converts by the way they are carrying on about your bike! I'm sure you'll have it sold soon.

:lol:

Thanks Utah,

It's the first time I have ever had for sale a bike that I still really like and it looks better than the new bikes. :lol:

That's one reason I go on the KTM sight, to talk about and show trials pictures as much as I can so when those guys see a trials bike it doesn't seem so wierd. Of course there is a KTM 450 & 65 in my shop too.

The Beta 200 is a great bike for lighter riders and the lower grades. I have had 2003 and 2006 models.

In Australia they come without flywheel weights but with a slow action throttle. The slow action throttle is great for wheel placement in rocky creek beds but, for that steep bank after, a quick action throttle gives more confidence. It is worth noting that most local trials are set on granitic rocks with mud being very rare due to several years of drought.

The standard carburettor jetting, 30 and 150 for idle and main, is the same as the larger bikes and I have changed to 27.5 and 145 which should help with the always sooty plug colour. It seems more responsive low down. I have also lowered the float level as per the Billy T advice on this site.

I have used BP5ES spark plugs in the hotter weather (we had two trials this year with around 40 C temperature) to remove more heat, but one BP7ES plug lasted through winter.

It has been suggested to me that the 200 would be better suited with the one tooth smaller (41T) rear sprocket that the 250 comes with. For initial acceleration I think.