Whats Best For Some Green Laning And Min, Road Work

scotty

Hi guys , just wanted an opinion on whats the best bike out of a 250 beamish or a yam 250 majesty (i own both) to use for some green laning (twisty tight stuff) and in between minimal roadwork! i'd guess the suzuki as its quiter and smoother,less vibey? but havent tried both on the road so dont know?

can only insure one of them so which one? (i know these bikes are not road bikes but a friend has just bought a 250 beamish and suggested doing the above!) thanks in advance. :wacko:

None of what you have, to me is up for the job. I would get a KTM 525 EXC, as an ex trials rider I have a KTM, which as long as the gearing is correct you can have loads of fun Green Laning and Trialing. :wacko:

Sorry jam i forgot to add ive also got a yam wr200 for greenlaning etc! its just my mate faniced it on a trials bike (van or trailerd there of course! ) just to do something different thats all! take things much slower and poss, find some nice banks WHY? to play on? ( out of sight of course) :wacko:

None of what you have, to me is up for the job. I would get a KTM 525 EXC, as an ex trials rider I have a KTM, which as long as the gearing is correct you can have loads of fun Green Laning and Trialing. :wacko:

Sorry, but a 525 Katoom is no way the right tool for green laning - esp tight stuff.How to tee off the locals with the noise and flying mud,and lose loads of money in the process.Use it on the track where it was designed for.

Hi guys , just wanted an opinion on whats the best bike out of a 250 beamish or a yam 250 majesty (i own both) to use for some green laning (twisty tight stuff) and in between minimal roadwork! i'd guess the suzuki as its quiter and smoother,less vibey? but havent tried both on the road so dont know?

can only insure one of them so which one? (i know these bikes are not road bikes but a friend has just bought a 250 beamish and suggested doing the above!) thanks in advance. :lol:

Don't think there is any significant advantage to using one or the other, the different characteristics they have for trials riding won't really come into play for green laning. Go for the one with the biggest tank, therefore fuel range....

Anyway, that wasn't the point of my post. As regards insurance, Carole Nash will insure both bikes on a classic policy for very little more than it will cost to insure just the one. Just insure them as a Yamaha TY250 and Suzuki RL250, which is not actually a lie, to avoid unecessary complications as they probably won't have Beamish or Majesty listed. My Majesty is on a classic policy with them as a TY250.

PS - either one will be horrible on the road.... :D

Edited by Woody