4stroke Over 2stroke?

07betarev3

hi all, has any one in here got a 4stroke and not liked them and wanting to go back to 2stroke,every one i have spoken to has loved the 4stroke just wounderd if any of you haven't liked them???

I love 4 strokes, had a TLR till june this year and love evrything about them. Suppose it comes of growing up around four strokes, especially old scramblers, love the noise, love the smell (especially burning Castrol R :lol: ), however I find the Rev 3 easy to get on with, straightforward to ride and maintain but I find myself drawn to the new rev 4, new heart in old clothes maybe.

Personally one of each might be best, with a nice C15 or a Royal Enfield thrown in for good measure

Now you've started something :lol:

I rode the 4rt and the Sherco 4t before buying my Scorpa 2t. I didn't feel at home on the fourstrokes despite really wanting to like them.

It's what you are used to I suppose. I just got the feeling that my limited ability is flattered more by the 2 stroke. It's a personal thing and is probably the other way around for many.

Now you've started something :D

I rode the 4rt and the Sherco 4t before buying my Scorpa 2t. I didn't feel at home on the fourstrokes despite really wanting to like them.

It's what you are used to I suppose. I just got the feeling that my limited ability is flattered more by the 2 stroke. It's a personal thing and is probably the other way around for many.

:agree:

Just wanted to use the new smiley.. :lol:

Spot on, it's about preferences I got on with the TLR but find the Beta easier, maybe it just makes up for my mistakes..... :lol:

got a 4stroke

Note that the question is "got a 4stroke" and not "rode a 4stroke"!

I have had two 4-strokes in a row (Scorpa SY175F & SY250F), and loved/love them. I know one person who purchased a Montesa 4RT, rode it awhile, and went back to a 2-stroke. In fairness, they tuned the EFI mapping to the most extreme setting, across the board, installed a fast throttle, and then complained because the bike was too hyper and they could not control it.

Hi

I have a Sherco 4t and a Sherco 2t. I do not like to compete on the 4t. Did last year. Much prefer the 2-smoke.

If I could sell it I would. I'm not really trying too hard. But will buy another 2T when I get rid of it.

In my part of the world, stop, hop, blitz, doesn't work too well for the 4T. I alternate which one to play on. Depends who I'm riding with. If I'm riding flowing sections in the no-stop style then it works great.A long pull is what it does best, but if i need to clear gaps or jump something the 4t doesn't like to hop over things it likes to pull thru things. Can be an advantage or handicap.

The way I ride for fun it's a handicap so i'm back to the 2t. I actually think it takes much better and more clutch work to ride the 4T to the same level as the 2T because of the non instant power. So your poping the clutch alot and holding it in longer to let the rev's drop before the next release.

Milt