Gg 50 Boy Not Running

mozchops

hello people :wacko: Can any of you trials world people help. my lad has a 2000 50cc boy that's not been used for a while so we wanted to get it going this week,but when we tried starting it, it just floods (fuel in air box and fumes coming out of silencer).so i took the carb off and the float itself was full of fuel.Am i right thinking this is the cause of the flooding? anybody any ideas or had this problem themselves

Hi

Had our a GasGas boy 3 year now - good little bike. If your floats are full of fuel they must be punctured and so will not be "floating" and so not cutting off the fuel supply at correct height - order a new set from BVM 01453 762743 and your fault is is all but cured - however this will have probably caused an excess of fuel in the crankcase which will cause it to be constantly "flooded" - take out ya spark plug - turn bike carefully upside down - avoiding damage to mudguard and pull kickstart lever steadily a good few times till excess fuel is discharged from cylinder - clean ya plug - maybe even warm it in the oven - and it should start as normal!! I have used this technique on a few bikes with great success. Good luck hope this helps

Stu :wacko:

Edited by jumbostu