Ty350

scott_king

I don't think they were imported officially, no. If you want one, or just an engine/parts try Ellastone offroad as they have had TY350 Yams in the past. If they've nothing now they may be able to get you something.

I think the 330 mono that Tony Scarlett used to ride was a bit of a 350/250 hybrid, 250 crank with 350 barrell/piston?

Edited by Woody

Misui did not import the TY350 into the Uk but they were available both in the USA and Australia. I did go into the differences on an Aussie trip in 1986 and as far as I can remember the only differences were head, barrel and piston. Carb and even jetting was the same as 250. Yamaha must have thought it too powerfull for us Brits.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that Boofont who post's quite often on here has one. Although I don't think it's seen the light of day in a long time, eh Boof! :bouncy:

There quite rare over here as I don't think they were officially imported.

Hughesy is spot on, I do have one. From what I understand it was privately imported by someone. I was told that this bike took part in the first arena trial in America but how treu this is I couldn't say.

post-151-1167451516.jpg

I could be wrong about this, as I've never personally tried it, but it is my understanding that the top ends of the TY350 and TY250 monos are not interchangeable.

Believe me, if they were, plenty of American TY350 owners would have made the swap. The TY250 mono engine was hugely superior, and I do know that from personal experience. It was a travesty that Americans were stuck with the TY350.

The barrels are interchangable .

I had sold my old 350 to the infamous CJ , who then proceeded to make many modifications to the frame , clamps and conversion to a 250 . ( It's archieved somewheres ) The bike changed hands a couple of times and to make the story short , ended up back on my bench for a total rebuild . The worst of it being that 2 weeks after delivery back to it's owner , it got ripped...err...nicked and hasn't been seen since .

Anyway , it was much more responsive than the 350 . I think maybe the majority of us yanks were still living in the 70's thinking the bigger the tractor the better .

Took us awhile . :bouncy:

I think you will find the kit came with new jets new heavier flywheel, new reedblock two pistons, barrel and cylinder head.....i share the same friend as jumbostu and he even has a full yamaha parts list for the kit (great if you have a side car atached) there might even be a new exhaust downpipe.. i will have to check.

Scrumpy :bouncy: