Beta Rev 4t In Action

feetup

I came across this short video clip on YouTube of the new 4T

the quality of the video is poor, and the duration is short, but from what I can tell Beta did an excellent job of keeping the noise down. It sounds like it revs quickly, a lot like the sherco 3.2 or scorpa sy250f... I'm very curious if the rev-4t will be as competitive at the highest levels as the rev-3 270...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this short video clip on YouTube of the new 4T

the quality of the video is poor, and the duration is short, but from what I can tell Beta did an excellent job of keeping the noise down. It sounds like it revs quickly, a lot like the sherco 3.2 or scorpa sy250f... I'm very curious if the rev-4t will be as competitive at the highest levels as the rev-3 270...

Here's another courtesy of Kinell and Steve Saunders. I have a feeling this will have appeared already on another thread.

So sorry if I've doubled up.

saw steve saunders at yesterdays CHG trial on the rev4 can that thing GRIP or what !!! ,wet slippery

mudguard clogging going,all the two strokes using third and forth gears,steve using first and second

gears making it look easy and finishing the trial with a big smile on his face, i can only guess he

liked it, and the rest of the center experts must HOPE he doesn't get one for christmas

I can see the bugger getting grip on thy wallet :lol:

a good firm grip and a crowbar to open it. :wacko:

the comparison ride between the 4rt and Rev4 is alarming!! Steve must have deliberaty rode the 4rt badly, surely the 4rt is just as good at climbing hills as the Rev-4?

I can see the bugger getting grip on thy wallet :lol:

the comparison ride between the 4rt and Rev4 is alarming!! Steve must have deliberaty rode the 4rt badly, surely the 4rt is just as good at climbing hills as the Rev-4?

It was a trial, 2 different riders on 2 different bikes? :wacko:

The Rev4 looked very impressive in the video, Steve did,nt seem to be lacking in grip or power and more importantly it fired up striaghtaway as well.

First trial out and not much time on the bike the Beta just gets better, hope a few dealers will have a demo bike for customers to try out next year. The noise difference was very noticable as well compared to the 4RT which can only be a good thing.

The rev-4 in mud is just too good to beleive. From personal experience and observations all 4-strokes are not much cop in the mud. In principle a 4-stroke should be better than to 2-stroke because the power is delivered on the forth stroke thereby the rear wheel is less likely to spin. The 2-stroke on the other hand burns through the mud (thats what i try and do) but i've never seen a modern 4-stroke master mud like the rev-4. Can any explain why the rev-4 rides so well in the mud ,is this some kind of wonder bike!! i'm really beginning to beleive the 4 years of engine development blar, blar money spent on the gear box, but surely the 4rt can't be wrong in design? i'm not claiming to have any knowledge but the video is speaking a thousand words.

If the rev-4 and video are honest and Steve rode both bike fair and square i say what we are all looking at is a big jump forward in motorcycle development - but its a 4-stroke its all wrong!!!!

Edited by spud

The Rev4 looked very impressive in the video, Steve did,nt seem to be lacking in grip or power and more importantly it fired up striaghtaway as well.

First trial out and not much time on the bike the Beta just gets better, hope a few dealers will have a demo bike for customers to try out next year. The noise difference was very noticable as well compared to the 4RT which can only be a good thing.

Are you getting mixed up? that doesn't look like Steve Saunders to me.

"Is it me?" or:

1. Is anyone else having trouble locating the 4RT Vs Rev4 video that's alluded to in this thread?

2. Saunders is sponsored by Beta so ..."Duh!", (as I believe the yoof say)

3. I seem to remember Saunders doing rather well on a 4-stroke in the 80s, so, hey, he can still ride one!

4. If this is indeed the "wunderbike", why are Bou and Dabill jumping ship for the Monda?

Answers on a postcard.

...well, that's a good point for Bou, but I doubt Dabill's getting that much more with his non-factory deal. He could also have looked forwards to perhaps being factory numero uno (Freixa's not going anywhere but down), which would be very tempting. As rumour goes, Raga could have moved to Montesa a couple of years ago but he decided to stay on the GasGas and I for one think that was largely due to the performance advantage he rightly perceived he would have with the Gasser, versus a then unknown quantity.

The other point I forgot to mention was that Saunders helped develop the bike- which is great as he has lots of experience in this field but he's clearly biased for all sorts of reasons.

I look forward to trying one, anyway, things look promising. As they say in TMX, punters vote with their wallets!