Beta Rev 4t In Action

feetup

Tordi, have you found the vid yet?

I think it says a great deal for the bike and Steve himself that he took it to a trial on sunday in terrible conditions, it could have been a disaster for Beta if it had been shown that it was lacking in power,grip,and reliability.

Does'nt matter where the bike had its first trial, WTC or local Club event its true colours would have come out in either, sure Steve is going to say the right things but if he had any doubts I dont think he would have taken it to the Trial in full view of the general public.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are Bou and Dabill jumping ship for the Monda?

More Money?

I also beleive that Dibs' new team are "supplied" by the factory......let's face it Diego Bosis is no mug and I doubt he'd lend himself to something that wasn't top shelf. Go back and have a good read at the article boys, it explains a affy lot :wacko:

I don't mean to be sour grapes, but I have to say I was a little dissapointed to read in the article below, that the opinion of the rider (Steve's friend?) suggests the bike's power is more comparable to the 200, and is probably not going to be very appealing to the expert who uses and appreciates the 270's bag of beans... I guess I shouldn't find that surprising given that a 4T is only producing power on half of the strokes, and this is a 250 after all. Nonetheless, I was hoping to learn that this bike would have some very serious snarl to it when you grabbed the throttle. I'm sure there will be many more opinions as the bike gets out there, it will be interesting to see how it compares to the montesa & scorpa 250's, as well as the sherco 3.2 overall.

http://www.r2wtrials.co.uk/html_files/beta4t.html

Tordi, have you found the vid yet?

I think it says a great deal for the bike and Steve himself that he took it to a trial on sunday in terrible conditions, it could have been a disaster for Beta if it had been shown that it was lacking in power,grip,and reliability.

Does'nt matter where the bike had its first trial, WTC or local Club event its true colours would have come out in either, sure Steve is going to say the right things but if he had any doubts I dont think he would have taken it to the Trial in full view of the general public.

You're being a bit naive here surely. It's been in development for 3 or 4 years and will have been tested in all conditions. You don't think Beta will have let it out to be ridden in public if it didn't perform.

As for its performance in those sections, as someone else has pointed out, it's Steve Saunders who's riding it for chrissake, not a novice - he's just a little bit good in mud. 99% of clubman and a lot of centre experts would probably have struggled their balls off on that section whatever the bike, whereas Steve would have performed the same on his Rev3, GasGas, 320 Armstrong or Bulto - and the 4RT. It shows the bike is capable but the only way to know for sure whether it suits you is to try it on proper and varied terrain, using Steve as a yardstick really isn't much use for us.

The thing I like about that video though is what it does for the 'you have to learn to ride it like a 4 stroke' cliche which I've never understood - and I've ridden plenty of 4 strokes over the years both trials and enduro. Someone explain the difference in technique used on that section from a 2 stroke, as holding the throttle wide open, dumping the clutch and burning up the bank on full hole seems pretty much the same to me, 2 or 4 strokes....

I don't know who the Mont rider is but I know for sure he is not in the same class as Mr Saunders. Interesting to see what happened when he opened the throttle on an adverse camber and then lifted the back wheel off the floor just to make sure it wiped out! Now I am not saying I could have done better but this bench Trials easy!!!

Edited by steve

The Rev4 looked very impressive in the video, Steve did,nt seem to be lacking in grip or power and more importantly it fired up striaghtaway as well.

Looks like Steve didn't want to take any chances with the camera on him,you can clearly see him 'priming ' the bike in gear before he attempts a kick( I am not doubting the bike for a second, there's a saying in engineering ''if it looks right then it is right'').

Good job somebody involved with the Rev4 has a bit of PR awareness.

I agree, different riders, different abilities. That's obvious from the start. The 4RT rider definitely has a heavy throttle hand. The riders on the Beta and the 4RT both took different lines on the loose up towards the end of the section with the Beta rider opting to go more inside at the bottom wide and staying out of the churned up mud there and at the corner at the top, so that may be one reason shy one appeared to hook up better. The one thing that really impressed me about the Beta was it was quieter and...they got rid of that stinking left hand kick starter! :guinness:

Now all they have to do is quiet their 2 stroke!

i wanna see the 400cc Rev-4 pumping iron and ripping arms out of sockets - especially mr kinell 'i've got a big wodge of cash' :guinness:

Edited by spud