Montessa Test Day

jamie stokes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like another moaner. Has a free day and complains.

Jamie, I take it that you told Sandifords that it could have been done better? Did they agree? Did you offer your expert advice on how it should have been done? I doubt it, just another moaner.

What would you have done to make it better?

OK the helemts should have been worn!! but surely that did not make it a bad day.

hi there does any one who went to the test dya think it could of been better ?? i do ! also the Montesa team should have been wearing helmets !! as it promotes safe trials riding ! ! !

Statement ''I do'' without saying what you think could make it better, maybe you can let us all know I am sure Caroline will be grateful of constructive views to make it better.

I did not go, but I am sure they put on an excellent day.

The guy's been here 5 minutes and members of the TC cabal are already sharpening their knives. I agree that the original post was misdirected but everyone is entitled to an opinion and I don't think it deserved such a hostile reception.

It's been getting very clique-y and unnecessarily snarky round here recently. And before someone else says it... I'll be careful not to let the door hit my a*** on the way out.

Edited by neonsurge

The guy's been here 5 minutes and members of the TC cabal are already sharpening their knives. I agree that the original post was misdirected but everyone is entitled to an opinion and I don't think it deserved such a hostile reception.

I agree - he's a 14-year old lad who has never been on here before and probably has no idea how much time, effort and money goes into organising these events. I'm sure we've all come out with the odd bit of bravado in our time, so give him a break!

Better to give him a quiet nudge in the right direction rather than tear the boy to pieces. That's not the way to welcome new members to the site, surely?

Exactly, I've seen it happen before too, someone new comes on and their opinion is snubbed or criticised because they haven't got 'x' number of posts to their name. Just because someone hasn't posted on a particular forum before doesn't make their opnion less valid than anyone else's. There are plenty of forums where regular posters post nonsense.

Yes, he may have worded it a bit more constructively, but he may also have a point. Travelling 150 miles to a bike test day where the sections have deteriorated too badly to give the bike a proper try out? Maybe it would be more prudent to use a venue that would stand up better to any adverse weather. I'm not passing judgement on the test day - I can't as I wasn't there so I have no idea what it was like, but you see the point. And the point of the test day is for people to try the bikes with a view to buying them, so rideabilty at the venue is paramount.

No doubt the recent Dirt Bike show takes a lot of organising but was it any good from a trials riders perspective - not really as it was once again motocross orientated and trials was very poorly represented. So, if you'd travelled a long way and were disappointed with the show and felt that it fell short of providing what you wanted, are you wrong just because it took a lot of effort to organise?

As I said, I'm not criticising the test day as I'm not in a position to and it's not my intention. I'm also all too aware of what goes into organising events of any kind, not just trials, and how easy it is for unforeseen circumstances to undo all the hard work. It happens unfortunately, as does jumping on the bandwagon of knocking someone back just because they're not in the clique

I agree - he's a 14-year old lad who has never been on here before and probably has no idea how much time, effort and money goes into organising these events. I'm sure we've all come out with the odd bit of bravado in our time, so give him a break!

Better to give him a quiet nudge in the right direction rather than tear the boy to pieces. That's not the way to welcome new members to the site, surely?

I have to agree - I'm the first to tease someone if they're up for banter, but his comments didn't seem too scathing to me, and I don't like the bandwagon thing.

Just to put me in the picture - where was the test day? With Back Cowm just up the road from Sandifords I'm surprised they bother going anywhere else (if it wasn't there).

And how do you know he's 14 year old, and if he is, what's he doing on an Ariel 500??? :wacko:

OK

1. Get off his case. EVERYBODY is entitled to an opinion even if you or i dont agree with it. Personally from the post, yes read the post and comment on the WORDS not what you read into it, it sounds like he has a point. I wasnt there but a test day by definition should be that. That in this case involves riding as many bikes as possible and testing them on as much varying terrain as possible.

2. If the charge was

Edited by Old trials fanatic