Montessa Test Day

jamie stokes

I've never been to a test day as I've not heard of one anywhere near the north east of Scotland but I would go to one if this changed. I wouldn'd expect much from it though other than a quick ride of a bike or bikes if I was lucky. You can never tell much from such a brief ride (well not it my level of skill).

I've riden other peoples bike for short rides and even on the same make, model and year of bike as my own it sometimes feels odd. I'd look at it as a bit of fun and nothing more. I'd need a lot more time before I decided to buy but what can a dealer do? You can't give everyone a bike for the day to do what they want.

I see nothing wrong with your post Jamie but maybe you expected too much from the day.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

4. The weather. I look at two websites that provide wheather forcasts for up to two weeks. Test sections can then be planned with the weather in mind. Anyway how long does it take to move a couple of flags?

Weather forecasts for 2 weeks, how long does it take to move a couple o flags,

THEES A NUTTER!

See if they get tomorrows weather right !

Test sections ?

How much time have folk got, how much availability of the land?

WAKE UP PLEASE

All this chat about the weather and my name hasn't been mentioned...thanks boys I normally get the blame for cr@p weather on here :guinness:

However, anyone who places any real credence on a ten day or longer forecast is mental...sorry Old trials fanatic. I can give you a list of about 30 sites who put long range site specific forecasts on display, they are all rubbish, Ours UK Forecasts (not for sale :wall: , general issue) is basically a general forecast, it is completely non specific.

We do sell long range forecasts out to 10 days+ but the clients who buy them and use them know the terms they are sold under and will also use shorter range forecasts 2 to 5 days, but weather being what it is, you can always go wrong....... :moon:

Edited by Slapshot 3

Ok...my tenpennath

I went on the day so am qualified to pass an opinion as opposed to this "I didn't go but i think...." malarky which is kinda pointless.

1. A tenner for a test ride is a cheek...whatever the product. Marketing is designed to get people interested in your product and as such should be absorbed.

2. There were only 3 sections. Two were riverbeds and one was a muddy slope. They cut up badly and i was too busy trying to get the bike through the section than i was concentrating on the charecteristics of the bike so that was was kinda defeating the object. you need a free ride section !

3. If youre going to do food..then do it, if not dont bother. Cold butties in december in skipton would not convince me to part with my hard earned.

4. Dougie was fine, i chatted with him and his dad for about 10 mins. Not many 7 times world champions would do that...whether they were being paid or not.

5. The organisation was fine (i.e you got on your bike at the allotted time) but sales wise i would be surprised if they got anything from that. Twice i heard people ask who it was they were supposed to talk to about buying one and recieved bemused or confused looks

6. The bike....?...its good...but i'm not sure if its that good because of the sections i used. 20 mins at back cowm would have been far more enlightning as i could have compared what i do on my current bike on the same terrain.

All this is genuienly meant as constructive critisism and not keyboard warrior stuff and i would be interested in sandifords feedback from the day

cheers

jez.

All this is genuienly meant as constructive critisism and not keyboard warrior stuff and i would be interested in sandifords feedback from the day

cheers

jez.

Which is good as I'm sure any organisers of such an event would be more than interested in genuine constructive feedback. Afterall, if customers aren't happy with the way it was run then there is always the possibility of them not returning to the next one if they feel there is little point. The object of the exercise, whatever the product, is to sell it and for that you first need customers there.

See if they get tomorrows weather right !

Test sections ?

How much time have folk got, how much availability of the land?

WAKE UP PLEASE

Er - this is a professionally organised marketing exercise with the intention of selling the product, not a couple of blokes taking unpaid leave from work to set up a club trial in a rush on a Friday afternoon. Choices such as venue, facilities, ability of sections to cope with adverse weather are all paramount to customers getting what they need out of the event, hopefully inducing them to buy the bike. He is awake, it's a valid point.

And before anyone starts, I'm not anti Montesa, I've got a 4RT.

"Er - this is a professionally organised marketing exercise with the intention of selling the product, not a couple of blokes taking unpaid leave from work to set up a club trial in a rush on a Friday afternoon. Choices such as venue, facilities, ability of sections to cope with adverse weather are all paramount to customers getting what they need out of the event, hopefully inducing them to buy the bike. He is awake, it's a valid point."

hi there woody you are right choice of venue is paramount to cope with all weather situations.having a steep field is that a good idea on a wet day ?? i think not what About some rocks ?? i think so! what about a river ?? i also think so ! so maby the venue could have been better to make the over all day better. cheers woody a verry good umm coment post thing ! thanks ! Im also happy some one has said this. It is a very good point ! cheers jamie stokes.

?? i think not what About some rocks ?? /quote]

i was'nt there so i can't pass judgement to much.

but i think you'd be lucky if they let anyone near rock's on there new bike's who would pay if the bike's got damaged.i would'nt like the bill would you. :guinness: .

:guinness: i would have paid a tenner just to see that i think.

thing is though jamie test day's are just a promotional thing really and that's how it should be seen in everyone's eye's,give's you a chance to see the bike up close and running,as we all know you need it for a day at a trial to really see what it can do.As far as i know none of them broke down so that's a good sign.

Do you trial your ariel. :moon:

Ya can have a test day just fine, free maybe, but how many test days include

the top men there. If you needed further info ya only had to ask.

The UK public just dont seem to do that.

I went on a Land Rover test day 2005 for the new Disco.

Nobody there even new how to drive it. including the so

called instructors.

Granted it was FREE as they wanted me to spend