Hrc 260 Kit / Mitani 280 Kit / Lewis 290 Kit

ss74

Im still strugglin with the price of these things,i guess we are paying for huge research and development costs.

Be interesting to see how much S3 are going to be charging for there 300cc kit as that must include some items for the cylinder head as the standard head can not cope with such an increase in volume??

Im still strugglin with the price of these things,i guess we are paying for huge research and development costs.

Be interesting to see how much S3 are going to be charging for there 300cc kit as that must include some items for the cylinder head as the standard head can not cope with such an increase in volume??

Think the 300cc upgrade needs crank casework which is why there are kits below this size(?)

Cant really as yet add too much constructive info but ive just got a repsol rep with the 280 kit on it and :shutup: boy does it go!!. Maybe i should start and do supermoto!

Not really had chance to ride the thing as yet, but just going to gear it down and try different maps on it. Im on the single stage unit and think i could do with the 2 stage one and have looney and then 80cc setting :rolleyes: Will let you know how it shapes up.

Supermoto, you've hardly riden any trials on the thing.

I think all the big bore kits are much to expensive in comparison with a original cylinder and piston. An cylinder with a bore of 76 mm is basically the same as a cylinder with 80 or 80.5 mm bore. Why is it so much more expensive ??? perhaps for the piston you can say that they use more material but that is not so much so that it justifies the price.

There are not much development cost to a big bore. The cams needs development so you have to pay it, and besides that they are a lot dififcult to make.

I've uploaded a clip with me riding my 4rt with Mitani 280 kit, Mitani exhaust and Mitani mapping (I like Mitani :rolleyes: ). In case you're wondering I'm riding all of it in 2nd gear, standard gearing.

Edited by Ludde