Wich Is The Best Year Tl 125 The 125cc Or The 123cc ?

jamie stokes

• 4 weeks later...

I don't really think there's any noticable difference in any of them.

Look at the little "big bore" kit from Sammy Miller. The extra cc's will usually speed the air up enough to stop the 4 stroke cough. They say it transforms the bike. Good rear shocks. I like the 12 tooth front sprocket. New modern 6 inch rise Renthals. MSR Raptor or equivalent clutch lever and perch allow an easier pull. Weld on kit for the foot pegs. The TL's pegs were just way too small. Domino fast throttle with Renthal grips. CR 80 aftermarket shifter directly fit on the shift shaft,

AMGO , Parts Unlimited. Good Modern tires. You can use a tubeless in the back with a tube.

Sammy Miller exhuast is a must! Sounds great and works MUCH better than stock. The early ones (73-75) will need the SM exhaust pipe cut a little because the 76 (designated as an S) are a little longer. It's not a dirrect bolt on but well worth the trouble to fit.

The front tends to flop a little in a tight turn, you can fit a XL 175 / 125 front end with straight triple trees and a leading axle but it will hit the tank.

I love the little bikes, lots of parts still avalible through the Honda dealer. Just don't expect a new tank from them.

I've had both TL125K's and S's and both have their shortcomings when it comes to being competitive. They have the advantage of being the only cheap Honda fourstroke and I bought two runners off ebay last year for less than 300 quid.

The S, 124cc can be bored out more easily without changing the liner to get to 150cc, which is a real must to get better than 4 bhp performance and remove the idle-cough issues. There are lots of mods to increase the capacity. The S has a two part cylinder head which is easier to work on when the camshaft starts to wear (no bearings, runs straight on the head) and needs machine work. Camshafts are one of the harder items to get for them, but most other items for S's and K's are available from David Silver Spares and there's been a good supply of bits on ebay, including barrels and clutch baskets

The K has a better stock frame as it was never really intended for road use, but Sammy Miller Hi-boy frames are going for strong money (last seen on ebay for