Bok228c Is Lost.

charlie prescott

Hi Guys.

I have decided to build an exact replica of Scott Ellis's last works BSA C15 F. I have several photos of the bike with Scott riding it, but only one picture of the bike from a side view, in Don Morley's book.

Has any one out there got any side view shots of the bike, or does any one know where the bike BOK228C is. It is still registered at the DVLA as a BSA 250. ( this is the frame that the copy is now reffered to as an Otter).

Regards Charlie.

Edited by charlie prescott

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys.

Hi Big "J" thanks for the information, I must have Colin's number somewhere. is this the bike that I

remember Scott riding somewhere I should have took more notice then. Would still Like loads of pictures and any information on the bike that I can get ,to build it as near to it was in 1965-66.

Regards Charlie.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I am still looking for any info on Scott's last BSA, ( the so called Otter).

I have found out that the frame was a bit of a bodge, and probably had the front and top frame tubes from an Ariel HT. I think that they may have come from a Bsa Gp scrambles frame. But i'm sure the sub frame and S/Arm was Tiger Cub widened by one inch. I'll leave it to you Guys to put me right.

Regards Charlie.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I thought I would update you on progress of the Scott bike,

Have got most of the frame parts ready (In T 45) to bronze weld up. I have bought a Tiger cub frame for the swinging arm and sub frame . which I have widened both by one inch without cutting.

I have also managed to sorce a C15 F type engine, less crank and some other parts , will fit forged crank and Alpha rod and bearings have sorced a new clutch from Trials Bits and have a head and barrel from a B25 of which I am considering changing there shape. PVL Igniton is sat in a box waiting for my head to get round it. Bantam rear hub is also here waiting for me to stretch it by One inch. Still have an open mind on which forks to use. Will keep you posted and post photos as work progreses.

Regards Charlie.

• 9 months later...
Hi Guys.

I have decided to build an exact replica of Scott Ellis's last works BSA C15 F. I have several photos of the bike with Scott riding it, but only one picture of the bike from a side view, in Don Morley's book.

Has any one out there got any side view shots of the bike, or does any one know where the bike BOK228C is. It is still registered at the DVLA as a BSA 250. ( this is the frame that the copy is now reffered to as an Otter).

Regards Charlie.

Charlie, please let me have your email address and I will send you photos of my frame/bike.

regards,

Pat Slinn.

Hi Guys.

For some reason I clicked into “classic trials” last week just to see if there was any thing interesting. Only to find a new post by new member “Slinny”,

I started to read the post, and within a couple of lines was amazed at what I was reading. I have this year steadily worked on the Scott Ellis bike when I have managed to find the parts needed on e-Bay, and not been working on other bikes or doing proper work. The frame was finished by last Easter, the back hub widened by one inch and skimmed along with the front Bantam hub, and I even skimmed the oversize brake shoes that I got from Mick Ash.

The swinging arm was sorted with the help of nearly a bottle of gas. And even fitted with the chain guard that I made. Thought hard and long and disided to fit a oil filter while I had the chance as this will be covered by Scott Ellis type plastic(vinyl car roof covering from the right period has I have a roll left over) cover when the bike is finished.

The stumbling block as been the bits for the engine and gear box, the trouble being there was not many of the type “F” engines made, but have three parts of the bits for both now. I had bought a alloy loaf type BSA tank for the bike, but looking at more pic

Edited by charlie prescott

Charlie, please let me have your email address and I will send you photos of my frame/bike.

regards,

Pat Slinn.

Is that the bike thats pictured in this months Classic Dirt Bike, its very nice and nice to see a genuine old Trials bike.

• 3 months later...

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj170/l...tt/IMG_0036.jpg

Hi Guys.

Thought I would try and post a Picture of the "Scott Ellis" replica frame before it goes off to the powder coaters.

I now have most of the bits to assemble the bike after a year trawling through e-Bay to get all the parts that were needed to build the bike.

If you can open the link you will see that the photo is not that brilliant , but it was taken with the eldest's new camara that cost over a grand, so you can't expect a lot can you.

Will update you with progress of the build as it happens.

Regards.Charlie.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj170/l...tt/IMG_0036.jpg

Hi Guys.

Thought I would try and post a Picture of the "Scott Ellis" replica frame before it goes off to the powder coaters.

I now have most of the bits to assemble the bike after a year trawling through e-Bay to get all the parts that were needed to build the bike.

If you can open the link you will see that the photo is not that brilliant , but it was taken with the eldest's new camara that cost over a grand, so you can't expect a lot can you.

Will update you with progress of the build as it happens.

Regards.Charlie.

Nice to see some progress Charlie. Take care if your going to machine that barrel round though. The temptation is to hold it from the inside with a 3 jaw chuck. If your not very careful you can break the spigot off the top of the liner-like i did!

Hi Guy's

Hi "Tricky Mick".

No fear of doing that mate, I have machined the spigot and crank case mouth so that it is a nice fit , and we have the Ex Brian Hyatt C15t that has had the fins rounded by grinding, and you know how nice them thin little four inch cutting blades are now a days, hope you did not throw the barrel away, as i think there is some good old stock liners about that I have seen somwhere.

Cheers for the warning though.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's

Hi Michael,

Thanks for that ,that shows a much better light on the project.

Just a note on the alloy barrel. Patt Slinn who worked in the BSA comp shop at the time,told me that most of the works riders bikes had alloy barrels fitted.

They were imported from the USA along with a batch of alloy clutches.

The barrels were used, but had to be painted black, so that they looked like the cast iron ones fitted to the customer bikes.

The clutches were less usefull as they were made of to soft a grade of alloy and when tested by Pat wore out in one days use on a prototype army bike, so were left on a shelf untill the factory closed.

So the nearest I can find is the one from a B25 which is fitted with a spacer under the barrel to make up the length of a standard C15 cast one.

hope this is of intrest.

Regards Charlie.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guy's .

Just found the timing side bearing we made some time ago for the S/E bike, so juring this cold snap I thought I better get on with the project, the finished frame as been on the bench in my "little Shid" for too long , and all the rest of the bits that were in one place, seemed to have taken a stroll to other parts of the house and shed while I was not watching them. Just checked on this referance site to check were I had got to so to speak. then found this pic of Pats bike, and that has spured me on again, loking at that.

Regards Charlie.

post-2608-1261316258.jpg