'07 Bike Setup

copemech

First thing I noticed was that there no longer seems to be clearance(slack) between the bushings and the floating front disk(wave rotor) which makes the front feel much much smoother when applying the brake to hop the bike, feels really plush!

Next it seems they have relocated the fuel valve(again), which placed the stock fuel line hard against the muffler and in tight quarters. A bit of Tygon is much more flexable and permits a good routing with no assist while keeping it off the muff. And yes, I run the short vent tubes on both sides which helps prevent water entry yet still avoids mostly, the venturi effect of fuel trapped in the lines.

The mix screw is custom made so don't even ask!

Hi Mark, I take it you got an 07 ! Congrats ! :blush: I just prepped an 07 2.9 myself. I dislike the little spacer on the front wheel by the disk.

I want ask about the mixing screw I ran across 3 or 4 of them in the garage, kept them in case I need they some day.

Did you just get trigger happy with the camera - I don't see a fuel filter in there...? Hey, wasn't Spock in love with a Tygon?

Seriously, congrats on the '07 Sherco, Mark... let me know what class you're riding in the state series so I don't have to suffer a butt-whuppin' every weekend.

Clark,

Inline fuel filters are basically redundant on the Dellorto, as they have a fine inlet screen built in. Not to mention the screen at the fuel valve.

I am ov the opinion that the majority of dirt/water comes in through the bowl vents, specially with the tubes removed totally. Primarially when washing the bike!

I will get another inline filter if I go back to the Keihin, may experiment a bit! I have one here!

YOU, on the otherhand, need to get rid of that Kilt, and get out and practice!!!!! Of course, so do I!

:blush:

Brian, I could not get a 2.5 at the time, so I'm back to the full meal deal 2.9!

One of my projects this year will be to try the effect of the cylinder base spacers listed in the new parts book.

My initial impression is that the power is set a bit more agressive than the '06 bike. Hard to tell as it felt smoother yet stronger!

With the changes in geometry, it feels more stable and a bit heavier in the front? But this is only first impression as stated, as I have not had a chance to get it out of the back yard! :chairfall: