Pipe

pat

Hi,

Have some questions about pipe for Scorpa 2-s.

Ref. to a bike I saw, guess model 2001-2002 lighter blue than 2005, it was equiped with a nice pipe, stainless MX-like expansion chamber. A pipe not at all like these for GasGas or Beta.

Could it have been a stock pipe?

Or did someone offered kit pipes for Scorpa?

Cheers, Pat

Depending on where you are in the world?, there were a couple of pipes made by Nigel Birkett to improve the performance and bring it up closer to that of the TYZ motor (same engine) which year (if not all) they fit or even if any of these pipes made it out of captivity is anyones guess!!

Ref. to a bike I saw, guess model 2001-2002 lighter blue than 2005, it was equiped with a nice pipe, stainless MX-like expansion chamber. A pipe not at all like these for GasGas or Beta.

Expansion chamber? Do you mean silencer? The silencer changed from the 02 to the 03 if that's what you mean.

As for bring it up closer to a TYZ, I had a TYZ and it never ran any where near as good as my SY, pretty flat in some respects compared to the SY. Mind you, that might have been due to the weight differance.

Betamike, thanks!

It was probably this model I saw. But the pipe I saw had a beautyful "kit look" stainless and welded "expansion sections" closer to the outlet, not chromed symmetrical pipes.

Rotax 99? Wasnt there a real Yam made trial 00-01?

Ok, so Scorpa are using the TYZ engine 01-06?

And Yam still hold their coat over Scorpa manuf....unofficially

Cheers, Pat