Changing From 05 To 07 Beta 250

dougie pumpkin

Helloooo everyone. I want the new Beta, but do i really need it :blush: Up until about 3 months ago, i had only been out on my 05 Beta about 5 times tops this year, but over the last couple of months i have being getting out about once a fortnight, not enough i know, but i have to try and keep everyone happy. I know one of my mates wants my bike and will pay top dollar for it, as he knows i look after my bikes, i mentioned it to him last night and he said he would be putting his LARD GAS on Ebay straight away. It was the mrs that actually said " Why don't you get a new bike" ( I was looking at the new Beta on the website as she said it )

What is the main differneces in the two , in relation to throttle response, suspension, brakes and other factors ?

Should i get another whilst i do not get out that much on the old one, i am only a clubman rider ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Christmas everyone and a Prosperous New Year :(

Yeah why not if you have the cash too do so, and have a buyer for yours already I reckon from what i`ve seen a 2 year old bike is about the best time too sell on any longer and the price just seems too fall through the floor! (much too my dissmay!) as for comparrisons I`ll let the others do that bit

:blush:

has she told you about the new kitchen your going to fit over xmas yet! :blink:

She did have a few brochures while she said it :D kitchen bathroom and bedromm stuff... not doing anything until after SHEFFIELD , and she knows it :blush: then still nor doing anything until the new year :(

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

• 2 weeks later...

no..its just that everyone is too jealous to reply!!! :thumbup::beer:

I guess if I had the cash I would definately do the change if only coz the 07 LOOKS so good,.....BUT...to be completely honest with you, I now ride an 05, and I dont reckon its any better than my previous 02!!.....but, with that comment, you must factor in that a. Im only a clubman rider b. my 05 is a 270 and my 02 was a 250, and I think the 250 suits me better...and c. my 02 had no flywheel weight on it, I havent had any time to remove the one on my 05 yet, but when I do, i think i will like it alot more.

WHATEVER...

go for it!..you never no when the missus will be so obliging again eh!!! :kerstsmiley:

I've changed from '05 to '07. Have just done some running in and been only once driving properly (its winter here now).

Bike felt very balanced, engine is quicker (I like). Cant say much more with my limited experience so far, but I really liked it and just cant wait the next season... :bouncy:

Ey up dougie lad..

Does this here 07 have 8 gears ??? seems that my old beta has only the standard 7. Although 7th is especially good for graded hill climbs I was told that 8th would do a job and get me passed the first 25 ft.. :bouncy::wall:

cheers Leggins

Na then , yes it does have 8 gears :icon_rendeer: It was a good laugh that hill climb, i got a 2 first time 1 second and third time, and on the last attempt i was flying, should have made it to the top for a clean , but knocked my right shoulder on a tree an just went off line... thats my excuse anyway :wacko: I thought they put a good trials on.. was happy with section 9 witht the step and a log, was doing the hard route on that section, got a 3, 2 2 and a 1 .. How did ypu get on, any good moments like the last one flying over the handle bars :blink:

Why get a new bike if you hardly ride the old one? I ride my 04 Rev3 a few times a week but have lots to learn before I even begin to challenge the bike's capability. But if you have spare cash sitting around, why not?

I know I used to buy the new better looking bikes just because I thought I would look better on them. :icon_rendeer:

Na then , yes it does have 8 gears :icon_rendeer: It was a good laugh that hill climb, i got a 2 first time 1 second and third time, and on the last attempt i was flying, should have made it to the top for a clean , but knocked my right shoulder on a tree an just went off line... thats my excuse anyway :wacko: I thought they put a good trials on.. was happy with section 9 witht the step and a log, was doing the hard route on that section, got a 3, 2 2 and a 1 .. How did ypu get on, any good moments like the last one flying over the handle bars :blink:

no major offs this week I must be losing my touch, Although I did manage to whack my helmet on a large branch between sections 4and 5. It was yesterday that I found the little air vent on top of my helmet was crammed full of bark ;) . I agree another good trial by tarrrn club looking forward to the next. I may even have my 270 by then . god Ill look fantastic on it :wub: