Manx 2 Day 07

doogle

Has the date for th 07 Manx been confirmed yet? I know it is very early but I have been informed I have to go to Belgium for business next August, and wont arrive back until Saturday 25th. If this clashes with the Manx I may have to resign.

It is quite a lot of effort in the organising of getting there

and the ferry company are a joke with there prices.

But the trial all makes up for this it is that good the

whole way it's all done etc the scenery the gp week

whole place.Was only going to ride the once last year

but it was that good i have to go again!

Let me whet your appetite a little.....

The trial starts with the dedicated signing on event on the Friday evening, a great opportunity to study the route, sort out where he support crews will be going and meet up with other riders anf friends, or make some new ones.

Fast forward to 8am the next day and the first riders are departing for their first days riding under the shadow of the world famous TT Grandstand. We use the full scruitneering and paddock facilities for the strt of the trial both days. The atmosphere is electric and as usual there are a few not feeling quite so electric after a few too many in nthe nigtspots around Douglas.

After a couple of early miles on the road to get out of Douglas the trial starts with an indication of the variety to come, glens, slate quarries, spar quarries, seaside volcanic rock, sand, mud, moorland etc etc. We are lucky that within this small island we have incredible variety of terrain.

After a lap of the southern end of the Island on Saturday, lasting usually 65 miles and around 9 hours riders start beary eyed on Sunday morning once again from the TT Grandstand. Sunday is mainly focussed in the Northern half of the Island and in typically a lap of around 60 miles over 8 hours. Again the varitey of terrain is distinct and we use some of the best tracks/trails that the Island has.

Once the final section is completed it i back to the Villa Marina on Douglas promenade for a free pint provided by the organisers! :bouncy:

Later on that evening the magnificent royal hll plays host to the prize presentation takes place with almost 1000 people celebating every finisher, who each get their opportunity up on stage to collect their award.

The fact that the trial also runs a large sidecar class definately adds to the atmosphere and it is probably the largest gathering of trials competitiors each year.

With 275 solo entries there is bound to be a bit of queuing, but for each person who complains about that there is also someone who hasn't been in a queue all weekend. And yes, it costs to come over on the ferry, but the earlier you get booked, and the more people you fit in the van the cheaper it is so it' all relative really.

And the following day (Bank Holiday Monday) there is Manx Grand Pri racing on the Mountain Course, hich if you've never seen is something you must do!

Need any more convincing?

The regs are out in bout April o if you want on the mailing list drop a line to manx2daytrial@hotmail.com and we will add you to the mailing list. If you rode in '06 you will already get a set.

:chairfall:

Eddy Lejeune - i believe they're putting another ferry on this year so will have increaed number of sailings to Belfast. Don't know the details but it can't be worse than what they have been offering for the last few years. Might be worth checking out!

:moon:

• 6 months later...
Has the date for th 07 Manx been confirmed yet? I know it is very early but I have been informed I have to go to Belgium for business next August, and wont arrive back until Saturday 25th. If this clashes with the Manx I may have to resign.

Well it took a while, but I hand my notice in tomorrow. Everything is clear for the Manx. I have got an entry the ferry and the campsite are booked and I have a new job so I don't have to go to Belgium.!!! <_<

I reckon I deserve a special award just for the effort it has taken to get there. Can you sort it Cubby?

Just need to get through Reeth in one piece now.