Tlr Prices

g4321

My riding buddy has a TLR 200, he is 50ish, and been riding for years. His opinion is that the aftermarket swinging arms are heavier than standard. He's tried aftermarket exhaust systems and although they look nice, he recons a stock system works better. He bought a one piece tank/seat unit and was very pleased with the quality, I think he bought it from a guy in Southampton, bought the basic unit and painted it himself in Rothmans Colours, I think it cost

Edited by ask greeves

Don't knock ebay, I've bought all my road bike bits off there...bargain prices too :wall: The TLR stuff does not sell 99% of the time....far too pricey from yer man from Southampton I think (used to post on TC).

I think ebay is spot on, sure you have to read into some deals and watch what you buy just the same as you do if you buy out of your local rag etc......

Anything with TLR in it means pound notes to the sellers :bouncy:

Just to add my bit, Dont forget the TLR's are now over 20 odd years old and some of us like to ride them in open to centre trials and also be competitive so i can justify spending money on my bike not only to make it look a bit special but it is great fun when you get the results back and count how many

Edited by honda pants

Only just looked closely at your avatar Marky....love it....now I have 2 females in the house..(wife and baby girl)...it takes HOURS to get out the house...oh my god..doesnt it just wear you down!!!!!!!!! :wall:

I know what your saying about the females Stu,they do my ed in....... thats why I find Trials a good excuse to vacate our house :biggrinsanta:

The Avatar is Bender off Futurama.....brill show.....that and Stargate sg1 are they only things worth watching these days :bouncy:

Bender is the best!!!!!!

I have an '86 tlr200 Reflex. I am in the US. I am currently using it as my commuter bike to work when the temp is 40 F or above. I didn't check the tightness of bolts and things and well let's just say they worked a little loose. I spent $50 for 2 engine mounting bolts, a spacer for upper engine mount, kickstarter arm stop, float, and a few nuts. I was actually quite surprised that it was this cheap. I am still waiting for the kickstarter arm stop it is on back order. This bike is basically all original or at least oem replacement parts. I think the tires might be original. Back in november I let Biffsgasgas use it in a trial, we just removed the rearview mirrors and left all the lights on it. He had a great time on it. I gotta hand it to Honda corporation, this is a 20 year old machine and I have yet to have problems getting parts for it, that's customer service in my book.

Hi Zippy

I've got a jap import 200 that had been used as a road bike, I must admit it's a lovely little bike...all the cycle parts are in good condition due to the fact I guess its has not had much trials use (if any)..I pulled all the lights off and changed the tyres (rock hard Dunlops) and away it went :bouncy:

I've just got to try and stop myself spending money on the likes of alloy silencers and all the other trick bits you can buy for the TLR's :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved the kick starter arm stop today it is on and the kickstart is no longer bashing the heck out of the rear brake pedal. Now I need to redo the brake pedal cus it is cracking from all the bending back and forth. Oh well, still gotta say Honda has great parts dept. :banana2:

Zippy, i just broke my pedal off yesterday ,with the kickstarter hitting it. I had to keep bending it back into shape. It finally gave up. I,ve now got to fix it somehow. I don't have a welder, so i was thinking of drilling a hole through the end of the arm ,and attach a bolt or something. Thing is the arm end is only about 1/2'' wide. I might just have to find someone who can weld me a piece on. Any suggestions out there ? The tlr brake pedals seem to be quite unique to that bike , so i can't really find a replacement.