Steve Saunders Trials School

madmostin

Hi ya.

Im a trials beginner and thought some training woudn't go amiss.

i wouldn't want to go to find i'm holding every one up so would it be suitable for me?

I've raced motox and currently road race so i can ride but trials skills will do me no harm.

Thanks

All trials training cater for raw beginners so don't worry about holding anyone up.

Depending where you are and how far you are willing to travel, I would recommend: -

Steve Saunders http://www.saundersextremesports.co.uk/trialschoolintro.html

James Lampkin http://www.jimlampkin.com/

Dan Clark http://www.xtremetrials.co.uk/ (not sure if Dan still does trials schools...)

My lad did one of his training days near Cirencester, somewhere off the bypass between Birdlip and Cirencester.

He's not the gobbiest of blokes, he's a down to earth good bloke, so I think it's better if the parents give him some space to do his thing.

He's not expensive so you can't expect the earth. He has to share his time between 10 or so riders, and can be very different levels within the group, but he did well with ours, managing to give something to all of them.

May be worth checking if he does days specifically for certain levels of rider.

I just re-read my post and it sounds a little negative the way I said "He's not expensive so you can't expect the earth". It wasn't meant to be at all. What I meant was, we got more than I expected for the money changing hands. A lot more.

Excellent day, brilliant instructor, all round great bloke.

The Dougie Lampkin Trials Schools, which are ran in August, gets my recommendation. You can get the details via G2F.

You cannot fail to have a throughly enjoyable and memorable day with Dougie, Martin and others.

All levels are catered for from the very top down to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Attended trials school last Sat (13th Jan) In Glos

Well i'd like to say i was brilliant but i wasn't!

The old Tlm did her best but it was the ham fisted plonker riding her that caused things to go wrong! Despite this i got some excellent help from Steve and David. who make it look and sound easy. Best quote of the day goes to David though, something about my concentration when i was at school. thing is i cant remember,I wasn't paying enough attention :dunce:

The group attending was pretty diverse. youngest being 8. riding a Beta 50 Auto. I never got his name but he was brave! Oh and his Dad let me ride his scorpa :banana2: Oh and a nice young lady who seemed unfazed all day not to mention skilled.

It was good to see the day organised so well and it was great to see i wasn't the only one new to trials riding. Any sport needs new blood and what better way to improve it than to provide top level training for all levels of ability

I enjoyed the day and the venue had a lot to offer so i'll be booking myself in for the next one.

Thanks to Steve (Trials Ace) David (Horse whisperer) and Alex (Great rider with great attitude)

I read this as "Well i'd like to say it was brilliant but it wasn't!" and thought WTF? Nobody has ever said anything except glowing reports about Steve's training - then I read the rest :banana2: My bad.