04 Beta 270 Flywheel Weight

sarah

Hi, my 04 beta 270 is still not running properly, someone has suggested taking the flywheel weight off. Any comments on this?

It is unlikely that a flywheel weight would stop the bike running propoerly. What is it doing?

a couple of things to check on the bike is the stator and the contacts clean and is the middle box sealing properly to the rest of the system and also is the woodruf key not sheared my 04 270 didn't have a fly wheel weight when i bought it and i was forever stalling it in sections fitted a weight now its fine the 270 is vicious compared to the 04 250 in my experience had a go on a 250 nearly killed myself as i hadn't given it enough :bouncy:

Is the bike on its standard carb settings? 150 main, 30 pilot and the needle set at the middle clip. If so lean try leaning the jet by dropping the needle to the next notch, virtually all Betas need this doing straightaway from what I have seen. You could as many do use the carn jet kit as Carl said 27.5 pilot and 145 main, works great on mine.

Are the Reeds in good condition and closing properly

Are you over oiling the Air Filter

What colour and condition is the plug

Make sure the air box and boot does nt have a split or hole in it somewhere

Seal the exhaust and repack if needed as said above

Edited by Betarev3