Sherpa 2t Mix

penno350

Thanks guys, I trialled the bike for the first time last weekend and had a great time, I ran it on the same mix as my lads Gasser which was 50:1 Ipone Strawberry special but by the end of the afternoon it started chuffing a bit and the plug was dry but very black. I suspect the carb (Bing) needs a bit of fine tuning on the mixture and possibly worn components.

Penno <_<

I use whatever it says in the owners manual using the same oil that it ran on in the 70s (my dad laid the bike up along with lots of oil) Duckhams 2T. Not had a problem with it in either of my bikes one is a fresh rebuilt engine and the other is the original factory build from new.

Thanks guys, I trialled the bike for the first time last weekend and had a great time, I ran it on the same mix as my lads Gasser which was 50:1 Ipone Strawberry special but by the end of the afternoon it started chuffing a bit and the plug was dry but very black. I suspect the carb (Bing) needs a bit of fine tuning on the mixture and possibly worn components.

Penno <_<

Check the slide, should have no step. Set the carb to be as lean as poss on the float level. 4/5 beats before it stops is about right for tickover (none).