200 Frame Info

john nelson

Hi all.

With your help I managed to get sparks on my bike again. Another info request, this time on the frame, I have 2 frames, one has a thread on the left hand side swinging arm spindle hole the other does not have this, is one worn or are there 2 types of frame. Also does anybody know where I can get a workshop manual.

Thanks John

Just looked at mine and there is a thread on the left and side of the frame for the swinging arm spindle. No workshop Manuel but have a poster listing all the engine parts and showing where they go (Blagged it from Roy Carey when visiting the workshop back when I was a lad). Did see on flebay that someone has photocopied a poster that looks the same as mine and was selling copies, might be worth a look. Don't know which 200 you have. The rear or forward kickstart engine? That may explain the 2 different frames but I don't know much about the differences. Sorry

Hello John,

If you are in the Uk then Bill Pye in Great Ayton used to have heaps of spares for Fantics and may be a source of good info. I can't help otherwise but was wondering if you are John Nelson from Guisborough UK? (An old friend).

Also, thanks to Slapshot 3 for helping out with posting replies.

Bye, Peter B.

Hello John,

If you are in the Uk then Bill Pye in Great Ayton used to have heaps of spares for Fantics and may be a source of good info. I can't help otherwise but was wondering if you are John Nelson from Guisborough UK? (An old friend).

Also, thanks to Slapshot 3 for helping out with posting replies.

Bye, Peter B.

No problem :banana2:

post-1226-1169045274.jpgThe swing arm spindles are 2 different sizes, back kick 16mm and forward kick 20mm. As far as I am aware, all frames were threaded. The back kick clamps the thread on the left. The forward kick clamps the plain rod on the right. Hope this helps. Edited by ask greeves