Rs360t Video

ludde

This tape has been laying at home for as long as I can remember. I think it's a promotion video from Honda which is called "Eddy Lejeune's incredible trials technics". The only reason I watch it is to hear the sound of the bike, it just amazing. I wish Honda would do a 360 conversion to the 4rt, I would buy it strait away.

Anyway for all the Honda madmen out there, here's the video:

Eddy's exhibition (it's 26mb but the server is fast)

A couple of questions for the gurus

When was it recorded? My guess is 1982, anyone knows?

In the begining of the clip there is a bike idling with blue stripes on the tank, is this a RS250?

Edited by Ludde

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this tape when i was a lad, i remember being amazed at the things he was pulling off. I seem to remember him riding up a concrete step in a stream bed, awesome at the time!

I think it was earlier than 82 but only a by a couple of years. Must go in the loft when I go home again and dig out those betamax tapes! :wacko:

Thanks for putting it up on here

Edited by Hughesy

Nice bit of trials nostalgia :wacko:

Were those sections the same sort of level that would have been seen in World Trials in the early 80's?

I realise that videos and photos 'flatten' things on the screen and that the riders were on big/numb twinshocks etc. but (I'll probably get shot down in flames for this...) I reckon a good Clubby rider would be able to do all of that on a modern bike :wacko:

What do you think?

PS

That bike sounded luvverly

I have the whole video but it's to big to upload so I took the best part.

I seem to remember him riding up a concrete step in a stream bed, awesome at the time!

You're right about the concrete step, it looks pretty big and I think it was when you where driving those old bikes

but (I'll probably get shot down in flames for this...) I reckon a good Clubby rider would be able to do all of that on a modern bike blink.gif

Excellent video clip - world champion at work.

How well did 'kinell' do in lasat years world championship? - answers on a postcard...........

Obviously the sections are a little easier than todays championship - 25 years bike development is a lot, same as the 1960's sections were easier than the 80's sections.

But the best riders in the world compete in the championship & the best rider that year wins, could you have won if you were transported back 25 years on your latest Beta - be honest the answer would probably be no.

Edited by g4321

but (I'll probably get shot down in flames for this...) I reckon a good Clubby rider would be able to do all of that on a modern bike blink.gif

How well did 'kinell' do in lasat years world championship? - answers on a postcard...........

could you have won if you were transported back 25 years on your latest Beta - be honest the answer would probably be no.

First of all, I said a good Clubby rider. Nobody would be able to find a single post of mine where I have ever claimed to be any good at trials.

I bet there are loads of folk on TC that would look at those sections and think "Yep, I could do them on my modern Beta/Mont/Sherco etc." In fact, that was my point about a 'modern' bike on those sections.

No, I couldn't have won 25 years ago. Transport me and the bike back to 1957 and I might stand half a chance against the best back then.

PS

Was that a bite?

This tape has been laying at home for as long as I can remember. I think it's a promotion video from Honda which is called "Eddy Lejeune's incredible trials technics". The only reason I watch it is to hear the sound of the bike, it just amazing. I wish Honda would do a 360 conversion to the 4rt, I would buy it strait away.

Anyway for all the Honda madmen out there, here's the video:

Eddy's exhibition (it's 26mb but the server is fast)

A couple of questions for the gurus

When was it recorded? My guess is 1982, anyone knows?

In the begining of the clip there is a bike idling with blue stripes on the tank, is this a RS250?

Hi The bike at the front in the opening scene,with the blue stripe is an RS200t ,

and they where certainly available in 1982.

Great clip

nice post ludde, Thanks

Hi The bike at the front in the opening scene,with the blue stripe is an RS200t ,

Great clip

but certainly not rs200 cylinder & fins

Edited by tlrs

nice post ludde, Thanks

Great clip

but certainly not rs200 cylinder & fins

Looks like a Kondo conversion,could be 220/240

cheers ludde fantastic vid but could you but all of it on in small batches?? not sure how all this pc stuff works how big can a file be or how small does one have to be to upload to the site i am on the old side you see the new fangeld techy stuff is above me cheers anyway :wacko: