Can Bou Be Beaten

city trials

Watching Bou ride last year on TV he was overshooting his mark quite often, which caused him to lose unneeded marks. On the 4T which is slower, he might be a lot more "on the mark" Simply a theory!

I'm looking foreward to videos of him on the HRC four stroke to try to figure out if that's what has made the differnce.

I'm looking foreward to videos of him on the HRC four stroke to try to figure out if that's what has made the differnce.

Lane,

FYI Bou won Sheffield Dec. 06 on his Beta to start the string of wins.

I agree with Outlaw.

Bou is ceratinly a special rider, particularly indoors. But the 4RT looks to have come on hugely indoors, the bikes looked awesome with Doug & Fuji riding them in Sheffield, remember Doug was leading Sheffield for 3/4 of the trial.

What is impressive to me is how quickly Bou has adapted to the 4-stroke, particularly given his extreme riding style.

But, to answer the question, yes he can be beaten. However, I do hope he wins the championship.

the important thing for montesa must be that he is not been beaten at the moment by the guys who are acknowledged as the worlds best Raga et al.

his form and the bike can surely only promote the 4T cause but will simplicity and cost count more for the man in the street?

the argument from a 'pollution' point of view of 4T over 2T is compelling but add into that noise and i think for the man in suburbia, if asked which of the two bikes he would rather were used, he'd opt for the quiet (2T) life as both have little or no descernable exhaust 'smoke'

i believe that both engines are evolving with cleaner 2t motors available elsewhere (even in use on some Hondas) and quieter 4t bikes an inevitability ( why cant it be as from next week? sure they'd be down on power, but reduced imissions and quiet that would sell to the tree huggers, and if compulsory in the sport (as promoised ) would level the playing field)

i'd love to buy a 4T but for the sake of the bank balance and ease of maintenace would stay with the tried and tested 2T

I thought he looked unstoppable and really at ease with the 4rt last night

...and wasn't it good to see some trials on tele again?!! :beer:

It was brilliant to see, however I found the constantly scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen really off-putting.

The reality is Bou is at present on a truly excellent run of form, surpassing all expectations regarding his performance on the 4RT, but he has not yet won a trophy, whereas Raga is the current indoor WTC and unlikely to concede his title without a battle and Cabestany has proven himself recently by becoming the Spanish indoor trials champion. Both have suffered some form of mechanical failure in the opening two rounds and I don't think for one minute Bou is going to continue to have it all his own way. So the answer is yes Bou can be beaten.

One thing that has come out of this is that its safe to say that Raga's reign indoors is coming to an end. He may go on to win his fifth title but if he does it will be without the luxury of dominating the series.