Trials Has Come A Long Way....

gasgasssser

it might be just me, but are the riders more agressive than today??

You don't often see events where time is more important than dabs. This probably gave the impression the riders were being agressive.... they were just racing the clock.

Ahhh The Golden Era

I will never forget Hicken and that van!! Bet that tyre in the chops hurt!

I wonder if any of those SWM guys still compete?

Any one got any earlier copys of kickstart?

Cheers

Edited by pitley

That brings back memories! was hickens fantic a 200? Birk's majesty was that the last version of the 250! anyone know? have you anymore you could post? :beer:

I may well show how bad my memory is here, but I think I had most of the fantics over the years, including 50, 75, 125, 200, 240, 301

I think I remember the 200 being the standard kickstart. The one Hicken is on sounds too beefy for the 200 (156cc) and looks like it has the forward kickstart, so it'd make it a 240. Really brings back memories, even if a little vague :unsure: It's the feeling!

I remember riding my 240 first time out at a Hull trial in a really muddy railway siding. First time ever I'd had something that could REALLY pull 4th gear. They seemed to have so much power. I think the 240 was only 212cc. Would love to get hold of one again.

I don't know about the Majesty, but I know there are some real experts on here, so no doubt you'll get a good reply for that one. The nearest I got was a TY175 which we bought a frame for. Don't remember where it came from, but it was a very tidy powder coated Majesty frame, which we worked all night to fit the donor parts in to before a Scarborough trial. Loved that bike too - the suspension mountings lower down the frame seemed to transform it. I traded it in for a horrible Montesa 200 for some reason - took me about 3 weeks for the regret to set in.

Edited by bikespace

ah i remember kickstart well it was filmed in northampton i used to make sure i had that day of work,it used to take ages to film they seemed to keep taking tea breaks,i was at sheffield a few weeks ago for indoor riders have come a long way since kickstart.a few years ago i sneaked into field where kickstart was filmed i was shocked to find section bits still there paint worn away,i wonder if they are still there?i will go and have a look one day.