Tl 125

lastplacebrad

I have been offered a TL125 for 400 quid i believe it is 1974 ish are they worth this?, or to put it another way what kind of condition should it be in for this kind of money?

I know its a diificult question to answer but the bike is quite a drive away,so just need some rough pointers to start with, standard colours round this era etc.

if its a 1974 TL125 then it will be a K[0-2], with the earlier single piece cylinder with the 122cc barrel.

+ the cylinder head is harder to work on if you have a worn camshaft (no bearings in these Honda singles remember

+ 122cc cannot not be bored out to a larger size (a recommended mod) without a new liner (or changing the barrel)

I recently sold a TL125K1 (1974) to a friend for

TL 125 were 1973 to 1976. 76 was a S model, frame a little different and the 124cc barrel. Be cautious on any big bore. 1974 was probably the blue one.Look for a big bore kit that includes the liner. I think the early liners were not cast in. You just turn it upside down and heat it in an oven, the old liner will fall right out. Freeze the new one and it will slide in.

I've got a Tl125 which has been in my garage for over 15 years now, and today i decided im going to restore it to its orignal beauty. Any ideas where i should be sourcing the parts i have ordered a couple of things with sammy millers, also where can i participate in a trials event with it does it qualify as classic?

Edited by vincent1982

• 3 weeks later...

David Silvers is also good. Get the Sammy Miller exhaust and the front fender stay. A good set of shocks, new modern tyres, modern handle bars. Don't let all that power get you in trouble.

What do u mean by power? Are they not very powerful then? I havent ridden since i was about 12 so have no udea about the power of it?