What Ever Happened To?

brian r

Here are working links to the band that Charlie is playing in:

http://www.crawlersblues.com/

http://www.myspace.com/thelimekilncrawlers

They sound GREAT! I personally like "Full Time Lover" at the myspace site the best.

Charlie has a section named in his honor because he drowned a bike in the section's stream in sub-freezing weather. We were displaying our usual lack of judgment and decided to practice one of our stream sections even though the temperature had dropped down into the 20s (I guess that's something like negative 3 or 4 centigrade). Stupid, stupid, stupid. Anyway, in one part of the creek, you had to follow a relatively tight line because a small waterfall had dug some pretty deep holes into certain parts of the creek bed. If you missed the line, you were in trouble. Charlie missed the line. We wondered how deep the hole was. Charlie found out. It was deeper than his bike. That meant that it wasn't your usual water-in-the airbox type of drowning. It was a take-the-sparkplug-out-and-kick-the-water-out-of-the-cylinder type of drowning. Which means we spent a pretty long time working on the bike in the freezing cold -- while wet. And truth be told, I was actually the wetest, because I had flipped over the bars earlier on and had landed upside down in the creek with the bike on top of me. But since he was the one with the dead bike, he got the honor of having the section named after him. Damn we can be dumb.

Edited by bwc352

Good stuff Charlie, nice old axe too, funny how you picture folks in your mind till you meet them or see them. Much younger than I pictured.

At least, Charlie has good taste in music, coming from Transilvnia or whatever, here, we had people like SRV

to rub in a little blues when I was younger. Then even the more transitional types like Eric Johnson.

I would almost be willing to bet Charlie has a fat body Gibson in the closet too! But maybe not! :banana2:

Good stuff Charlie, nice old axe too, funny how you picture folks in your mind till you meet them or see them. Much younger than I pictured.

At least, Charlie has good taste in music, coming from Transilvnia or whatever, here, we had people like SRV

to rub in a little blues when I was younger. Then even the more transitional types like Eric Johnson.

I would almost be willing to bet Charlie has a fat body Gibson in the closet too! But maybe not! :D

Nice to surprise folks by being younger rather than older!

People think I'm older because I know so much!

Har!

Actually it's because nobody my age has a right to be such a crabby *******.

I followed the Clapton/Hendrix/Bloomfield/Green/SRV line back to their influences...Albert King, Buddy Guy, Hubert Sumlin, etc. and also found out that if you steal enough Freddie King licks, you start to sound a lot like Clapton....OUCH!

As for the fat Gibson...I sold it during my second-to-last major bout with unemployment.

SERIOUS bummer.

Prices have spiked and I'd have to pay double what I sold it for 5 years ago, so stuff like that will be out of my reach for a long time...unless I get lucky.

The Telecaster is my only 'real' guitar now, and it's a bitsa.

My backup is a new-ish Mexican Strat and I have a couple funky old department store jobbies I use for slide.

As soon as we get some decent stuff recorded, I'll post a few links again.

The stuff you all heard sucks enough to not even really be representative of how we sound.

AND...thank you all for the kind words about our stuff.

We work real hard and take a lot of pride in what we do.

Oh...and Jay.....

Yeah....the leather trousers really help.

That and a lot of :banana2:

For the audience, I mean!