How Strong Should The Spark Be?

ticket2ride

okay....

I've taken the air filter out, and ran the bike for about 10 minutes on idle...blipping the throttle to get it warmer...

After about 10 mins, it started to die - so I increased the tickover a bit and it was okay again....

Took the plug out - black oily residue on plug end....quite a covering but not dry...

Should the plug have been try from running too lean?

Took the carb off, checked the floats/pin - all good....took bowl off and moved floats manually...petrol flow okay....

...any thought on the next test to consider?

Is the choke lever returning to the fully off position as they are rather inacessible? If not it will make the motor run rich when warm. The Dellorto is more or less the same as the my Sherco. I have had this problem in the past. The choke lever can often catch the recess it's supposed to sit in.

Can anybody suggest what sort of spark I should be looking for when manually turning over?

When pushing slowly with the kickstart - we don't get any spark?...

Should we be getting a strong spark even when pushing slowly though the stroke?

To answer yr first question.... Yes you shld have a spark when pushing slowly with the kickstart. Nowadays cdi can trigger a spark with slow revs. It won't be the hottest spark, but you must "hear" and see the spark.

So, check and clean all yr ground wires and connectors, as mostly their lays the problem. Use sandpaper to rub of the rust, even when it seems there is no.

Then kickstart it again and see if it helped.

Secondly, start with a frsh plug as a fouled one is shortcircuiting the current.