Trials Track

leebo

hi im new to this site and only a begginer at trials riding im 28 today omg lol and am looking to find a little info for tracks in the west yorkshire area or where there is a little meeting so i can watch and pick a few tips and tricks up im from pontefract the only place ive taken my bike was to the pimp at wentbridge if anyone knows it

any help will be very much appriciated

lee

We(myself and NYL) are based in Scholes(the one next door to Barwick-in-Elmet). We go up to Addingham and down to BUMPY for practice. However as it stands there are a few trials on every weekend so we go along to those instead. This weekend there is a Trial at Harden Moor Between Bingley and Keighley and also the Cobb and Jagger Trophy at Keighley Gate just above Bingley. If you want to ride Beginners then the Venues tend to be around the area. A good one to go to to start with would be any at Tong just oustide Leeds and Bradford. Clubs to watch out for running Beginners are

Bradford,Bradford

Horsforth,Horsforth

Spen Valley,Spen Valley

Yeadon Guiseley,Yeadon-Guiseley

Ripon Trials ClubRipon

Eboracum who run Trials mainly around York and have Beginners during the week.Eboracum

Huddersfield Falcons also run Beginners but you have to enter prior to the meeting.

West Leeds also sometimes run a beginners course at Post Hill.

If You join Horsforth you can use their land as well. When joining just ask and they'll give you the location and rules about using it.

Edited by Telecat

Hi there, im pretty new to trials my self and ride in west yorkshire.

my local practice places are:

Penistone quarry near the ingbirchworth windmills, ive met a few people up there, all of which say they have never had any trouble riding there, its a really fun place to ride with loads of rocks and boulders which arent really big and scary!

Hollywood near horbury bridge, its just an old quarry with some hills and a few rocks, good for practicing riding hils, like doing sharp turns on them and things, its also got some small rocks littered about, its keeps me entertained for a few hours with my limited skill. if i were a more confident rider there would be more sections to link up. only problem i find here is there usually kids hanging around with the usual, how much was your bike and does it do wheelies questions.

California Quarry near goodalls carvans at crossland moor, its used for club trials by huddersfield falcons, its littered with rocks and hills to climb and play on, its got easy stuff and some big rocks for people who know what there doing, loads of choice and fun day out.

theres Flapits, but i havnt been for a long time, last time i did it was on a motocross bike and it wasnt very good, too busy and just people flying around everywhere.

all these spot are free and i havnt had any bother riding there so far. so long as you pull over to oneside if any walkers appear and dont go thrashing around people are usually sound.

enjoy! if you know of any places to ride let me know, its good to have lots of placed to practice. if you need directions to any of the places ive mentioned pm me.

Tim.

• 6 months later...

Andy must be slacking, maybe get away with one post, two is unheard of and three requires castration. Wentbridge..........welcome to TC mate, take a quick perusal of the Forum rules and you should'nt go far wrong :blink: did ya get an "E" yesterday in English when the results came through the letter box?

Barry, I think its chineese mandarin or something mate

Edited by The Addict