Vintage Trials

sherpa

Two New England Trials (NETA) clubs, CATRA and Rhode Island Trials Riders will be hosting vintage trials events this season. Are there any other vintage trials happening this year in the North Eastern USA? I understand D-4 has a vintage series, any info on the schedule or how to become part of the series. It would be nice to see more vintage events, I know there are maney of us who have these wonderful old machines at home just waiting to be riden again. Thoughts.....

Two New England Trials (NETA) clubs, CATRA and Rhode Island Trials Riders will be hosting vintage trials events this season. Are there any other vintage trials happening this year in the North Eastern USA?
NETA and USCRA ran a great event at Gunstock Recreation Area during Laconia bike week.... up until recently at least? Awesome scenery, big turnout and vintage- friendly sections. I'm not sure of it's status now but will have to ask. I went a couple years ago and sent in an article which they posted on the USCRA website. I've been meaning to get back ever since!

Regards, Doug

http://www.race-uscra.com/trialshunter03.html

Hey Pete,

I am doing my 3 part Vintage series again this season. We will run in affiliation with our new club NTR ( Niagara Trials Riders). The events will be ; Corning NY April 22, Warsaw NY August 26, and Corning NY October 28.

Come on out its been a while. Year end number plates and a big old picnic after each event, its a good time.

Aaron

Yes its been a long time. Whats your vintage ride these days? Im planning on riding my 199b. I noticed a growing interest in vintage trials in NETA and our local club CATRA last year, so I thought I would give it a try and see where it goes. Im hoping that maybe we can establish a vintage series in this neck of the woods. Our event will be part of a two day with the second day being modern NETA sanctioned. If there is enough interest we might even add more events next year. Of coarse we will also do a picnic afterwards with a big screen video set up and trials videos at night for the campers.

You guys always do a great event, I will try to make it out there for the good times.

Pete

I think you will get a kick out of our series Pete. Its always a good time. A lot of folks are enjoying this more than the present modern events. A lot less money tied up along with less chance in hurting yourself.

My present bike is in the works. Me and Walrath are doing what we call NTA Cycles. Thats the company name. I can tell you more on that next time I see you. Anyway the frame is perimeter style built from scratch with Cromolly tubing, custom exhaust, swing arm, gas tank, air box, and whatever front end you might like. The sky is the limit. Our bikes are only limited to drum brakes , air cooled , and twin shock for competition purposes. Im using a 200x motor, going 4 stroke for a change. A quick look you might think you saw a Gas Gas with twin shocks. We are aiming more towards the ITSA instead of ARMA. To many restrictions in ARMA. Right now we have 3 TY 250 based NTA bikes competing. Two 4 stroke 200x powered cycles will be ready for the start of the season this April along with #6 which is TY250 based and is on the frame rack right now.

See you and the old Bull out in the woods this spring.

Aaron

I am doing my 3 part Vintage series again this season. We will run in affiliation with our new club NTR ( Niagara Trials Riders).
The Southwestern Ontario Vintage Trials Riders have a pretty active schedule too. Some of their events are just over the border from western NY.

Lot's of choices out there!

http://www.tritonmachining.com/new_page_11.htm

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

in the mid atlantic we have 16 events tis year.you can check it out on this website..mavt.org..we can ride any bike including air cooled monos.most of the sections are fun and you or the bike will live to ride again...lot` of fun...