Reeth 3 Days

johnq

Hi all, I have been thinking of trying a few different trials recently must be a bit mad but as the youth in the family are may be a bit less demanding ( as in the learning trials department, as they are now way better) I have been thinking of spreading my wings and trying a few different events from the normal South Midlands events and entering the Reeth 3 days am I stupid?? do they run a course that is enjoyable for the over 50 rider and has anybody else got some thoughts on entering. :rotfl:

The 3 Day consists of Friday approx 5 hours, Saturday & Sunday approx 7 - 8 hours each. All 3 days are generally off road but the Sat / Sun are certainly rougher than the Friday. There are over 50's ride but they tend to be experienced riders who have been half decent in their youth. Not all sections are dual route & certainly the easy course riders never get to ride round the grassy bank side when there's a real beck to ride up!

An alternative that RMC run is the Blue Bar 2 Day in June, gentle ride round aimed at the older rider & bike. Originally this was just a pre 65 bike event but has been opened up to modern bikes in recent years. I can give you more info on this if you are interested.

Thanks for all your info guys, I have done the Blue Bar for the last 3 years and have had great fun. I live in Bucks and we hardly ever get to have a decent ride across any terain except for the Brian Stonebridge trial that is this Sunday and has a 15 mile loop (Cambridge), so I was looking for some other events a bit like the Blue Bar any suggestions.

I live in Beds and travel a long way for decent events.

I would reccommend the classic rounds in the North in October and November ( the Hillsborough Classic and the Peak).

The Bemrose, The Gerald Simpson, The Hipwell Trial would be good. The Midland centre do some good events like the Christmas Pudding and a couple of there road based championship rounds. Also look out for the Hurran next year. Manx 2 day is good as well.

I am a pretty poor rider and I have ridden the Reeth and found it hard going, back in 03. Like Perce said good day on the Friday but hard work the other 2 days. The sections are fine, it's the bits in between that sap your energy, so by the time I got to the sections I was knackered. Saying that though I am going on a fitness campaign and am going to try and get a ride again this year.

Cheers

Dave