Swm Owners - Where Are You Riding?

jumbostu

Hi to any fellow team yellow nuts out there!!

Wondered if anybody has considered / planned when and where they will be competing on their fine yellow marques this year?

I am based in North East England and intend to ride my ex Schreiber Jumbo at:

The Bluebar 2 day

Scarborough 2 day

Lakes 2 day

Bill Pyes 3 day

Not sure of dates etc as yet. They are all fine events and well worth the mileage!

Would be great if more than one SWM (Gori!?!?) turned up!!

cheers :hyper: jumbostu :D

Edited by jumbostu

well apart from the local Wye Valley classic series (which I rode today), with neighbour Gavin, riding one of my SWMs (he now has his own, which is probably a good thing as mine seized on the 3rd lap). Also try to ride the Abergavenny club trials, which have a twinshock class this year.

+ Sammy Miller rounds, starting with the one in Devon in a couple of weeks, hopefully do 5-6 of these this year

+ ACU classic, might go for a couple of the local (to Herefordshire) rounds, spoke to a guy today (Martin ?) who is running a Jumbo in this years series.

+ Rhayader Classic Experts, superb, usually Rememberence Weekend in November

+ Inverness Classic Two Day (see Big John, regs are out)

+ Wye Valley Traders, Sunday 23rd September, after a 15-year absence.

I have also suggested to MartinM, that we could run a twinshock trial (with an SWM focus) on Saturday 22nd Sept, near Pandy on the Monmouthside / Herefordshire border, making a weekend of the Traders. Would make the trip worthwhile and potentially arrange something special around SWMs for that weekend.

Looking at this schedule, and given that one bike has failed on the first trial of the year, I could be spending a lot of time in the shed getting a bike ready for these events :-)

Edited by malcra

• 2 weeks later...

The next Wye Valley Classic Trial is on April 29th (think so, need to check with pitley), at Dulas near Pontrilas on the Hereford/Monmouthshire border. Gavin should have the 280TLNW fully tricked up by then and I am hoping to give as many of the SWMs as possible a run out (willing riders permitting).

It is my birthday around then, so will hopefully having a barbeque on the Saturday evening. I only live 5 miles from the trial, but if you want to give your SWM a run-out at a great (all off-road) venue then you are welcome to join in and camp over.

Lets see if we can outnumber the Honda's....