Help!

steve fracy

Does anyone out there have a wiring diagram for a 240 Fantic?? I have new stator coil and flywheel, and HT coil (via r2w). The entire system is new but I still have no spark! Desperate to get the thing running! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

PS. The ignition system is Duacti

Cheers, Steve

Edited by Steve Fracy

I think you are going to find an open or shorted to ground wire, on the old part of the wiring harness that hasn't been changed along with new parts.

Find your power from the source coil, and your ground, and with a meter start testing each wire.

Have you painted the frame, if so make sure the ign coil ground to frame is metal to metal.

I don't know if the 200 uses the same wiring, but I could take a picture.

Edited by ishy

• 2 weeks later...

Alright all you comedians out there (Ishy excluded). Someone out there must have a 240 or 300 that they can take the tank off and tell me what color wires plug into where!! I diagram would be nice, but I have a beaut of a bike here I'm dying to ride. All new bits, has to be something easy!

Cheers, Steve

Thanks everyone for your help so far, but no luck at all! r2's wiring diagram, but it's not really a help as I can see so I am going to simplify my questions.

The wiring harness that comes from my stator coil has 5 wires in it. Brown, Orange,Red, Green and black. My Ht Coil has space for 4 wires to plug into it. The HT coil is labelled as well as color coded. It is coded for; White, Red, Green, and Green. It also has a yellow wire coming off one side of it, I assume that is the ground to the frame, then the actual HT lead. We have tested the stator, and it seems to have current going to the HT coil, but when hooked up to the HT coil, nothing coming through! HELP, please. Not sure on the configuration of what wires go where into the HT coil. Someone out there must have a 240(or 300) with the same ignition who could check for me, or someone who just knows what they are doing!!

Cheers, Steve

Steve: I don't have a 240 Fantic to look at, but after looking at the diagram I have a couple of observations which may or may not be of help. The wires that make spark appear to be red, black and green. Focus on them. I am not an expert in Italian, but am guessing that Nero is the black wire. Rosso is red and Verde is green. Ignore the impulse to plug in all the wires. Focus on the ones related to spark. Make sure the kill button lug on the coil is not grounded. Have you tried to phone Bob Miller? He's an expert on Fantics. Proably could tell you all you need to know about this. Good luck with that. Jay

Steve: I noticed in looking at the diagram that red is the kill button lead coming from the handlebar switch. This would imply from looking at the diagram that red is a power supply wire from the magneto to power up the coil and has a kill button wire piggybacked onto it to pull down the power supply when grounded by riders thumb on the button. Black is the sytem ground from the engine to the coil. The green would have to be the switching signal from the lower unit which must contain a switching diode. (like points) Check for a switching signal at green wire with a test light. Would have to hook up the wires as prescribed by the diagram, backprobe the green wire with a test lamp and kick the engine over, watching for a flash of the light. This should make spark. I realize I still haven't answered your question. Just trying to help, for what it's worth. Let us know how it's going. Jay L.

Hi All:

I'm so happy to say that with the great help of Pete Culliford, from r2w's site, the mighty Fantic is now up and running!!

Pete emailed me today with the correct order of the wires going into the HT coil. I tryed it right away and wow, spark! I quickly put the rest of the bike back together, put petrol in and.......... first kick, she flashed up!!

What a sweet sound to hear the old pop of the 240 after so many years! First time I've ever heard mine run as well!

Thanks to all those who sent me info and ideas, especially r2w and Pete!! I am very grateful and excited to ride the beauty!!

Cheers, Steve