Clubmans Novogar Round. Sunday 4th March.

scorpa3

The Stratford Upon Avon Club are holding a round of the Novogar Clubmans Championship on Sunday 4th March starting from Downs Farm, Bourton on the Hill, Nr Moreton in Marsh.

The 90 rider entry and includes, Graham Jarvis, Dan Thorpe, Gary Jenkins, Ross Danby, Sam Haslam, Chris Pearson, Lee sampson, Mark Hicken and John Cowley.

Also riding are lady riders, Becky Cook, Katy Sunter and local riders Steve Harris, Ben Sprigg, Buster Reagan and Peter Archer.

The trial will consist of one lap of 40 sections visiting eight different groups. The first man away will be at 9.01 am.

Pete Barnett

Stratford Upon Avon MC&LCC

I have no idea who, if anyone is riding from the TC forums. But there are 90 entries.

Sorry that wasn't my most well written post. I meant to direct the question at anyone that reads it, but it did sound like I was directing it at you. I am riding. I see that Dabster is riding as well. Just wondered if anyone else was, and they might reply.

Cheers

Dave

I'm setting out 11 sections in three different groups, Mark Hicken is doing 14 in Dovedale, John Cowley is doing 5 in Western Wood, Club Chairman Mick Metcalfe is setting out four and Fred & John Braithwaite are doing the five in Saintbury. So expect a good mixture of challenges.

Top Farm WILL be a lot easier this year for anyone who rode last year.... my mistake. But don't expect to be let off too easily in Dovedale and Western Wood!

One important thing to note is that the sections in Hancocks have been cut out since the programme was printed, for some reason the owner has withdrawn permission, so an extra group has been put in at the end after Dovedale. Many of you will know this group called Warners King which is just a mile from the exit of Dovedale wood.

For support crews wishing to meet their riders on route, please don't go to Hancocks. Use the Picnick area accross the road (at the top of Fish Hill) there is plenty of parking there and public toilets, you will be able to see your rider coming accross the road and direct them in for a break.

I'm setting out 11 sections in three different groups, Mark Hicken is doing 14 in Dovedale, John Cowley is doing 5 in Western Wood, Club Chairman Mick Metcalfe is setting out four and Fred & John Braithwaite are doing the five in Saintbury. So expect a good mixture of challenges.

Top Farm WILL be a lot easier this year for anyone who rode last year.... my mistake. But don't expect to be let off too easily in Dovedale and Western Wood!

One important thing to note is that the sections in Hancocks have been cut out since the programme was printed, for some reason the owner has withdrawn permission, so an extra group has been put in at the end after Dovedale. Many of you will know this group called Warners King which is just a mile from the exit of Dovedale wood.

For support crews wishing to meet their riders on route, please don't go to Hancocks. Use the Picnick area accross the road (at the top of Fish Hill) there is plenty of parking there and public toilets, you will be able to see your rider coming accross the road and direct them in for a break.

Setting out sections and riding in the trial, interesting...........

Actually may not be able to ride as I have an injury.

Which is bad news as I really was hoping to make the front cover of TMX as I did last time I rode there!

Having been at Top Farm for most of the day setting out, I thought it might be worth letting people know how muddy the farm is incase anyone's thinking of spectating there during tomorrows Colmore.

The sections are on the high ground above the farm and are fairly dry at the moment (what they will be like if the forecast weather comes we will have to find out) but the farm and its approach road is ankle deep in mud, there is nowhere to park unless you have a four wheel drive with off road tyres.

Me and Wrighty got our cars along there today but there is no chance of parking off the road.

Normally, Top Farm welcomes anyone who wishes to come and watch as it is located on a unsurfaced country road, however for this years Colmore it might be best to stay away unless you are following on a trail/trials bike. I've even told some of the Observers to park else where and bring a trials bike. It's that muddy.

I would suggest the best place to watch might be Western Wood, it is easy to park on the side of the road and simply walk into the wood where there are five sections.

Thanks for your help with this.

Pete Barnett

Stratford Upon Avon MC&LCC

I'm riding looking forward to it, the weather is not supposed to

be up to much never mind will still be good.Rode last year &

it was frozen solid the going was like riding on glass could hardly stay

upright.

Hope everyone enjoyed the Colmore today, even though the weather was nt very kind. Time the riders got to me and Dads section at Top Farm they looked drenched and bloody cold but all looked like they were having a good day.

Pete and Wrighty had to make very quick section changes to our Group and expect the same elsewhere due to the rain, but from the look of the riders and scores I know, everything went to plan. I have nt ever observed at a national before and could see today just how much work goes into running such an event, really big well done to the organisers, must have been a nightmare after the rain came down this morning.

Me and Dad had one of the easier sections at Top Farm, lots of cleans and ones, Ralphs was abit tougher though and he enjoyed the day observing. Jarvis was on either 4 or 6 time he got to our section (15) but Dads eyes are nt quite what they used to be and he thought he saw a 5 and a one when he punched the card. (could have been a 3 and a 1 though)

As our section closed we got off to Weston Woods to catch the later riders, Chriss and Dan were making it look extremely easy in the very slippy conditions and to be fair some others were as well. Looked like the sections got worse as they rode so I guess the early numbers may have had a bit of an advantage on some sections. Spoke to a few riders after and they all said it seemed easier this year even with the appalling weather conditions, nice one Stratford :banana2:

First of all I must say a big thankyou on behalf of the Stratford club to everyone who observed or punched at the Colmore today, to stand out in those conditions goes way beyond the call of duty. Thank you thank you thank you.

We can't use the excuse that the weather caught us out as it had been accurately forcast for days, but boy did it catch us out. I had set out 11 sections, 3 at Grove, 6 at Top Frm and 2 at Warners King.

Every one was what I considered easy by Novogar standards. The other plotters did the same, first thing this morning (starting at 7am) I made a few changes to make all my sections easier, and the rain came down and just didn't stop. Wrighty did the same thing in Dovedale but didn't have time to change the ones in Hancock and Camp.

At the half way point the win was still open to half a dozen riders or more, all under seven.

By all accounts the second half of the trial was slighly less challenging, Fred Braithwaite had put in some big climbs in Saintbury which always stands up to the wet well. In Western Wood, Graham Archer took over two sections as the speedy pace of the front runners, pressing on due to the deteriorating conditons, caught out some of the observers by arriving an hour early! Graham eased two sections and joined them together and did the punching for both. Thank Graham.

Back to Dovedale for the second set of sections, Wrighty had managed to make the necessary changes and things flowed very well. The very last section of the day in Warners King took a few marks, a dedicated approach to the wet off cambered roots was needed. Unfortunately one or two rear mudguards suffered here.

I will post the results when they are finalised but Lee Sampson got around for four marks lost with Graham Jarvis on seven.

Some other unconfirmed scores are; Midland Centre regular Mark Hicken lost 53, Becky Cook was on 77 and Eveshams Dean Basford finsihed on 83 marks lost.

Well done to everyone who finished today.

Edited by scorpa3

scores on the boards when i left.

final

lee sampson MRS SHERCO clubman4+0=4

graham jarvis MRS SHERCO 4+3=7

wayne holdsworth INTA GASGAS clubman 9+3=12

andy blackman GASGAS clubman 13+7=20

first card only

sam haslam SCORPA 13

dan thorpe JST GASGAS 13

chris pearson MRS SHERCO 11

liam walker JST GASGAS 23