Techno Back Brake

gez_lewis

the rear brake on my '95 techno 250 has been gettin worse for a while an has just stopped workin.

the previous owner has cross threaded the bleed nipple but it isnt leaking. there is some pressure in the system but not as much as there used to be.

any help is welcome becouse i need some thing to do while i wait for my water pump seal to arrive.

I know I've seen bleeder repair kits.

An oversize threaded collar that the nipple threads into.

As for the brakes, maybe your pads have worn, and you needed to add more fluid and the system has sucked air.

There are lots of things it could be, you probably should do a little more diagnosis and ask again if you haven't figured it out.

Get in touch with BETA USA (802) 425-2081 and order a brake master cylinder rebuild kit. If you've had water in the system, you'll have to lightly hone the master cylinder and replace all the brake fluid with fresh.

Gez,

first of all, post some pics of your bike as you have the same bike as myself and beta boy. You can see pics of our bikes under the topic 'rear mudguards' in the beta forum.

I think you get different sizes of bleeding breaters, if you can find a larger size breather you should be able to tap out a larger thread and install the bigger size of breather.

gez well those colours arent standard on any techno just to make sure we no what year we are dealing with has it got up side down forks on it is the rear brake a grimeca 4 pot brake and what year does it say on the front and back hubs

here is a piccy of me bake brake not very clear but u will still be able to tell if it is the same as yours or not

post-5-1081723934.jpg

Edited by beta boy

well from the picture i looked at they looked black but from this picture they are dark blue my mistake also i have noticed that the tank graphix are the wrong way round and it has silver forks not the standard black ones