Bikes For Under 12 Years Old

matty

My lads had a beta 50 for a couple of years and enjoyed, but he's 10 now (although a small skinny 10) and starting to feel the Beta 80 might be more suitable.

Sherco 80 is very nice too. Not seen too many of the others.

My vote is for the Beta 80 at 10 year old, and I'm a Sherco man.

It may depend on how big your 10 year old is. My lad, (just turned 11 and still only 5 stone) has just got his second Beta Rev 80.

Bought the first one just after his 9th Birthday and it has never missed a beat in 2 years of merciless thrashing !!! (Now for sale)

The Gas Gas Rookie 80 is a good bike, but with adult suspension (great if your 12 stone).

The Sherco is a quality bit of kit but is just too big for my lad. Quite dear when new and hardly any on the second hand market as yet.

My vote goes to the Beta Rev 80. Easy to work on, suspension designed for kids, nice and light and capable of winning a British C Class Championship in the right hands.

Good luck.

Mike.

Another vote for the Beta 80. My large 8 year old got it not long after he turned 7 and for a little over a year now it has been working great :D Nice easy to use power and they turn better than any bike I know of with 18"&21" wheels

Everybody forgets the Clipic 80!! Smaller Chassis and good suspension. The engine gearbox seems good as well. Like anything tho try the bikes and let the lad decide!! make sure he can ride them either together or on the same day. That way he doesn't get the "halo" effect from trying one in good conditions and the other under bad.

If your son is not very tall, there is, like option (in Beta spain) the rev 80 with small wheels (the wheels of the rev 50). You ask in your dealer.

Clipic they have this option too.

I don't know if i'ts possible in gasgas

When your son he grow You can change the wheels.

My daughter (11 years old) she has a gasgas 80 roky. She is enough tall. It's ok.

The best wishes from Catalunya.(Spain) and chance with your son. :D