Heavy Clutch Still

jezzaxt

I posted a thread a while back about my 290 sherco with a heavy clutch but didn't get any replies. Since then i've tried a few things such as flushing the fluid through and bleeding the system as well as changing the piston in the master cylinder which seemed slow to return. None of which have made much diffrence. My next step is take the outer cluch cover off but am not too sure what i'm looking out for. Doese anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be. I'm thinking it might need new plates but don't want to splash out until i know if that's a realistic possibility. I could really use some input from you guys

Should have mentioned that I'm relatively new to this so I apologise if my terminology isn't 100% correct 'dabster'. I thought the area round the lever was made up of a fluid reservior and what I thought was called a master cylinder with a circlip, piston and spring inside (which I've changed). It is still stiff so that's why I was thinking the problem could be further down. What is the 'slave' then? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm really keen to solve the problem

The master cylinder is the one you put the action into, (ie. the lever). The slave is the piston that moves down the other end of the hose and relays your imput on the lever to an output acting on something (ie. the clutch).

Hope that makes sense!

Sounds like there is something stuck in the works.

If you want to go to the trouble. Try swapping the clutch hydraulic line over to the Brake master cylinder (you will need to bleed both systems again). But at lest you