Txt 50 Non Start

lew

Hi,Got a TXT 50 Boy that will not start, Its got a good spark but the plug doesn't seem to get wet. Replaced head seals and barrel seals, oiled rings on reassembly and it started for a brief moment, cut out and would not restart. Cleaned carb/jets, new plug, new fuel. I'm a mechanic for a living but this is stumping me, I'm thinking possible piston/rings but I'm open to any suggestions as daughter is getting anxious and I don't need to lose anymore hair.

Hi,Got a TXT 50 Boy that will not start, Its got a good spark but the plug doesn't seem to get wet. Replaced head seals and barrel seals, oiled rings on reassembly and it started for a brief moment, cut out and would not restart. Cleaned carb/jets, new plug, new fuel. I'm a mechanic for a living but this is stumping me, I'm thinking possible piston/rings but I'm open to any suggestions as daughter is getting anxious and I don't need to lose anymore hair.

have you tried putting bit of petrol in plug hole?then trying to start up.if it goes you then know if its carb or ign.if its ign possible mag slipped on crank key?

Hi, I don't know if you have had the bike going before but when I bought one for my son I was told there is a specific way to start it. If you don't do it this way you'll be kicking it all day.

From cold, full choke but do not touch the throttle at all. Takes five or six kicks.

From hot, full throttle . I know this is no good for a kid to start the bike but it works and saves me a lot of frustration.

Seems stupid that the things don't just start like they should.

Cheers.