Clutch/gearoil 4rt

the addict

Dads off line for now, kids messed up the computer . The clutch on his 4rt was perfect for the first few weeks but is now next to impossible to start the bike in gear because it is pulling? Hes been using the Elf oil and has bled the system through so it not a cable/cylinder problem thats causing it. Has anyone had any problems like this and what can be done mod wise to sort it out.

He does have Hyspin AWS32 high performance mineral hydraulic oil which is very thin like the Elf, anyone tried it? or is there a better oil to stop the dragging.

Many thanks for any comments or answers

Munch,

Did you just change the metal plates or did you fit Mitani friction plates too?

I'm thinking of fitting Mitanis on my 05 bike but if it's worth changing the metal plates I'd rather do it all at once.

What metal plates did you fit?

I had the original steel plates replaced with the jitsie plates, but no result the clutch keeps on dragging even with the recommend HTX740 oil. Now that i have replace the friction plates for new ones the clutch is terrific.

The motor starts in gear and its easy the get it in the free.

I think that the problem is that the friction plates become too smooth so that they stick together.

Changes with other or larger master brake cilinder will not have result.

Edited by fantic303